Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Data will not save
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Data will not save

Press those "on login screen".

03-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Website Find
JBland Offline

Threads: 1

i don't quite follow what you mean but if it doesn't show anything else other than my account then my account should be the admin, right?
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2011, 01:47 AM by JBland.)
03-16-2011, 01:46 AM
Find
bigjt Offline

Threads: 0

(03-15-2011, 05:33 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Try to login into Administrator account. Press CTRL + ALT + DEL on login screen and choose administrator account, and try there. If it works, then your account is screwed, same thing happened to me while I was trying to play BioShock, and I was screwing with the settings myself, I did something wrong.

Fresh install, and voilà!

Thanks for the reply. Like JBland, I only have one user account, and it is an admin account -- full permissions.

Were you referring to a fresh installation of BioShock or Windows? Prob a stupid question, but I need the clarification.
03-16-2011, 04:34 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

You guys didn't understand it. Administrator account is a different account than yours, this, if you didn't already login to Administrator account.

Have you ever seen the permission table? Your account, TrustedInstaller and Administrator accounts are there, which means you have Admin permissions, yes however, didn't login into Administrator account.

Administrator account is a unique and standalone account.

As for @bigjt's question, fresh install of Windows 7, but you have to make sure it IS a permission problem, as it was for myself.

03-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Website Find
JBland Offline

well, ok. so, how do i get there and what do i do with it?
03-16-2011, 11:45 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

I say this, because it happened to me with BioShock from Steam. If you can save your game in Administrator account, then your user account has some serious permission issues. I don't know how to solve it, I just re-installed Windows.

Your problem might be different from mine, so, I recommended to try in Administrator account to make sure we have same problem. Otherwise, your solution might be different, and I don't want you to re-install an operating system from scratch because of my stupidity.

03-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Website Find
bigjt Offline

The admin account he is referring to is hidden by default. I followed the instructions contained in the link below to enable the admin account.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-v...ows-vista/

I ran the game from the admin user account and nothing has changed, the data will not save Sad. Good thought though.
03-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Find
JBland Offline

thanks tanshaydar! it worked for me. i need to get some disks to backup my junk first though. is there anything else i should know before i reinstall my os?

thanks for the link, bigjt, i hope you find a solution soon :\
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2011, 08:55 PM by JBland.)
03-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Find
bigjt Offline

No problem! I'm glad you are up and running. I'll give it another shot later this week and post back if anything changes.
03-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Find
tool Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Exclamation  RE: Data will not save

I'm having this exact same problem but none of the above works for me.

I'm running the game through STEAM.

1. My user account on Windows 7 64 bit is an administrator account.
2. I made sure to try and run the Amnesia.exe file from the Steam folder as an administrator but it only opens up the steam games menu under Amnesia.
3. I made sure that the permissions for the save games folder in my documents folder had the permissions to write to the folder.
4. I've reinstalled the game, defragged the cache, and verified the integrity of the game.

NONE OF THIS WORKS

It's getting extremely annoying when I come back to my computer to continue the game at a later time and I find that I'm way the hell back hours before where I originally left off and THOUGHT my game had saved.

The game saves in game fine, and I'm able to see the save games on the list, BUT if I exit out of the game to the Windows desktop and go to the save games folder in the documents folder, there are none of those saves there. When I first started playing the game everything was saving fine and then all of a sudden it just stopped saving the autosave files on my computer. It's really strange.
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2011, 03:14 AM by tool.)
03-22-2011, 03:14 AM
Find