Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem starting Amnesia
Reiterpallasch Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Problem starting Amnesia

I've owned Amnesia for about a month and have beaten the story once with no issues. Tonight I decided i wanted to start another playthrough, but when i pressed the play game button on the amnesia launcher, the screen went black as if to start the game, but then went back to the desktop. I could see the amnesia icon in the taskbar (flashing orange) but when i went to click it my screen briefly flashed black and then went back to the desktop, with my mouse cursor locked in the upper left corner of the screen. I ended up having to open up the task manager and navigate it with the keyboard to end the process before i could move my mouse again. I can't imagine why this is happening, as i've had no issues before now. The game starts fine in windowed mode, but playing in windowed mode is not nearly as immersive, you know? Has anyone else had this problem or knows how to fix it?
03-05-2011, 06:22 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Problem starting Amnesia

Any chance you click too much when launching the game? If you for example click on the desktop after launching the game, but before the launcher shows up, this behaviour can occure.
03-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Website Find
Reiterpallasch Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Problem starting Amnesia

nope, i keep my hands clear of the mouse after clicking launch. It still happens >:|
03-05-2011, 11:51 PM
Find