Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 84 Vote(s) - 4.31 Average
White Night - Total Conversion v1.1
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: White Night - Total Conversion - (New Teaser & Screen)

Thank you very much Pluto! I exported the table successfully and it is now works without a flaw!
I might need to send you a couple of files too Smile

(09-05-2011, 02:43 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: Awesome Smile

To be honest, I like horror, but I haven't found a lot that makes me want to play it again and face pissing my pants all over again.

Cause I'll be honest, I'm a pussy

But I will eagerly await this, for I believe out of all the modders you're one of the best here Tanshaydar, I also feel you're one of the people with the best understanding on what's scary and what isn't on the forums here.

Thank you very much for the kind words! I really appreciate the encouragement.
I don't want to cause any disappointment; but 'being scary' or 'creating horror' is not my main concern. My main concern is narrating a great story within a great atmosphere/immersion. Scary events and monsters are part of the story, that's why they are there.
I mean, you see a monster, you are being chased by a monster, some scary event occurs... They are not there for no reason, or to scare the players. They are there, because they tell something, they hold some mysteries.

At the end, all will make sense, all will reveal their secrets. All the scare will unfold its meanings.

09-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

It worked? Great! Maya 7.0 does the trick. Also, I noticed that sometimes you can open them with Blender 2.49 and not the latest one. So try this too.
09-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

I have both, but usually 2.59 works better than 2.49

09-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(09-05-2011, 06:05 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: I have both, but usually 2.59 works better than 2.49
Well I think it is the opposite when it comes to old dae files made in 2007 or 2008. For example made with Maya 7 or 8, 8.5 etc... Also, I have not learned yet how to use the new one. In 2.49 I use alt to move around but in 2.59 it is something else. Haven't searched it yet though...
09-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

What settings you use to import old .dae files into Blender 2.49? Because I can't seem to be able to import any of those. Also, last file I sent you does not work :/

09-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(09-05-2011, 06:26 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: What settings you use to import old .dae files into Blender 2.49? Because I can't seem to be able to import any of those. Also, last file I sent you does not work :/
The default ones, I haven't changed something. The last thing you sent me could be opened in Blender 2.49 but not Blender 2.59 (the latest or whatever version it is...). About the file that I gave you, the .obj file does not work? Try opening it in Blender 2.49 and see if that changes things.

09-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

It can be opened in both 2.59 & 2.49, however there is no texture on them. I cannot correctly unwrap either.

09-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Website Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

Quote: Thank you very much for the kind words! I really appreciate the encouragement.
I don't want to cause any disappointment; but 'being scary' or 'creating horror' is not my main concern. My main concern is narrating a great story within a great atmosphere/immersion. Scary events and monsters are part of the story, that's why they are there.
I mean, you see a monster, you are being chased by a monster, some scary event occurs... They are not there for no reason, or to scare the players. They are there, because they tell something, they hold some mysteries.
Create a great story and immersion/atmosphere and horror and scary will follow after no?
09-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Alright, I made some fixes. It should now work great when importing/exporting. I have included the .dae file which should import just fine but also two .obj files. One from Blender 2.49 and one from Blender 2.59. I also fixed the .mat files. You need to fix the bad normals errors and create a new entity file.

Spoiler below!
[Image: previewqe.jpg]

I sent you a pm with the files for you to deal with! Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2011, 12:05 AM by plutomaniac.)
09-06-2011, 12:05 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

(09-05-2011, 11:56 PM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: Create a great story and immersion/atmosphere and horror and scary will follow after no?

My main concern was always to create an atmosphere/immersion to narrate a story.
Horror is not my main concern, and if you seek only horror my friend, I'm afraid this is not for you. Because it will not satisfy you horror-wise.
That said, I am not saying that White Night will not include any scary events. There will be, but it will not be filled with them. If you play this to be scared, it would be like playing Silent Hill 2 just to kill monsters.

@pluto,
Importing/exporting was not the issue I had. When I import, it just doesn't have its texture on it. I'd have to unwrap and re-texture, which I cannot do it correctly with my level of knowledge. Last one had the same issue. If I can correctly import original .dae, I'd solve it.

09-06-2011, 12:28 AM
Website Find