Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 84 Vote(s) - 4.31 Average
White Night - Total Conversion v1.1
WookieMang Offline

Threads: 3
RE: White Night - Total Conversion

Heres part 1 and 2 from me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hypgJQDc8Ho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gyEus12J50

I took a break after my flashlight died, tbh I feel it needs the night/dark vision that you have in amnesia
Can't see didly and its hard to get around after the batteries die and you have none left

Check out my videos --> http://www.youtube.com/user/99Daxc
12-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 12

Now I've finished thisSmile
Spoiler below!

I liked the piano part very much.
And wheelchair monstersTongue
AWESOME!!!

When Life No Longer Exists
Full-conversion mod
12-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Website Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(12-05-2011, 11:05 AM)Unearthlybrutal Wrote: Now I've finished thisSmile
Spoiler below!

I liked the piano part very much.
And wheelchair monstersTongue
AWESOME!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

(12-05-2011, 09:38 AM)WookieMang Wrote: Heres part 1 and 2 from me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hypgJQDc8Ho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gyEus12J50

I took a break after my flashlight died, tbh I feel it needs the night/dark vision that you have in amnesia
Can't see didly and its hard to get around after the batteries die and you have none left
I'll check when I find the time. There are lots of batteries in the game. You just need to search. Also I took my time to implement a light-switch system. It's kinda sad when people don't take their time to notice thins like that Smile

Interesting thing is, I got to have some haters. It probably shows the popularity of the mod as I can't see any other valid reason.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2011, 03:32 AM by Tanshaydar.)
12-06-2011, 03:30 AM
Website Find
Sel Offline

Threads: 10

(12-06-2011, 03:30 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Interesting thing is, I got to have some haters. It probably shows the popularity of the mod as I can't see any other valid reason.

snip
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2011, 04:22 AM by Sel.)
12-06-2011, 04:12 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Wait, what?
I just saw your message, didn't even know it. I probably missed it because it was the last message on the previous page and all your critique was in spoiler tags.

I was just referring to people who registered on ModDB just to give White Night rating '1'. I can't see why you took it on yourself. I just skimmed it quickly to write this message, so I can't give any answer yet (don't know if you are expecting one) without reading it thoroughly.
Well, this situation with your answer is just saddening. Sorry for the misunderstanding I caused.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2011, 04:18 AM by Tanshaydar.)
12-06-2011, 04:17 AM
Website Find
Sel Offline

(12-06-2011, 04:17 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Wait, what?
I just saw your message, didn't even know it. I probably missed it because it was the last message on the previous page and all your critique was in spoiler tags.

I was just referring to people who registered on ModDB just to give White Night rating '1'. I can't see why you took it on yourself. I just skimmed it quickly to write this message, so I can't give any answer yet (don't know if you are expecting one) without reading it thoroughly.
Well, this situation with your answer is just saddening. Sorry for the misunderstanding I caused.
Oh alright, my bad man. Sorry about that, just too used to getting those kinds of responses from people here in the past and elsewhere :x

Just assumed since you didn't acknowledge my post that it was directed at me.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2011, 04:27 AM by Sel.)
12-06-2011, 04:22 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(12-06-2011, 04:17 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Wait, what?

I think it's probably just raging pewdiepie fanboys, I can't really think of anyone else who would. Thankfully there aren't enough of them that are that obsessed with him that they'de go out of there way to do that to actually make a difference.

Posting Freak
12-06-2011, 04:23 AM
Website Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

(12-06-2011, 04:22 AM)Sel Wrote: Oh alright, my bad man. Sorry about that, just too used to getting those kinds of responses from people here in the past and elsewhere :x

Just assumed since you didn't respond to my post that it was directed at me.

Sorry again for the misunderstanding I caused. I'll make sure to read it thoroughly. For now I need to finish a report without sleeping for a while and it's 05:30 am here.

(12-06-2011, 04:23 AM)kman Wrote: I think it's probably just raging pewdiepie fanboys, I can't really think of anyone else who would. Thankfully there aren't enough of them that are that obsessed with him that they'd go out of there way to do that to actually make a difference.

I was actually surprised at my first reaction, which was a smile, when I saw it first. Considering there are people who registered only to give 10 as rating, I'm not to complain. I have lots of haters due to my sharp-tongue on the net. It could be them, but meh, whatever. It adds excitement to my monotone life Tongue

12-06-2011, 04:33 AM
Website Find
Sel Offline

(12-06-2011, 04:33 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote:
(12-06-2011, 04:22 AM)Sel Wrote: Oh alright, my bad man. Sorry about that, just too used to getting those kinds of responses from people here in the past and elsewhere :x

Just assumed since you didn't respond to my post that it was directed at me.

Sorry again for the misunderstanding I caused. I'll make sure to read it thoroughly. For now I need to finish a report without sleeping for a while and it's 05:30 am here.
Nah I'm sorry, it was all my bad man. I'm just glad I wasn't right.
12-06-2011, 04:38 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Alright, I read it now.
First of all, thank you very much for taking your time and giving feedback.

I'm sad that you couldn't immerse yourself, but that comes because of some mistakes I did. I admit that some puzzles are hard. That's because I grew up with Resident Evil and Silent Hill (on hard level puzzles) and to me, the puzzles in White Night are actually easy. But again, it's because I'm used to solve frustrating puzzles, and I even finished Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok and Scratches without having looking at to walkthroughs. Next time I'll tune them down.
I removed night vision and I explained why I did it in morfar's interview. I don't regret that decision, and I'd do it again.

Optimization is weird. It works even better than Amnesia itself on some computers, but there can be some serious framerate issues on others. I really don't know why. Even with my old computer it usually runs pretty well. Too bad your pc went to the second one.

As I said many times, everything in White Night is somehow related to story. I used a very abstract way of storytelling, and it's impossible to get it all with only notes and flashbacks. Symbolism is to the highest, and that knife thing has its meaning to Selwyn and David. Subconsciousness works differently from consciousness; and it often tends to link events to very different things. White Night is my take of perception.
However, that came with a high price, as many people complained how the ending didn't make sense, how they didn't understand anything. Next time I'll tune down the abstract storytelling and symbolism too.

In the end, White Night is my first work ever, and it completely shows my taste. Nothing wrong with not liking it and I'm actually glad that there are people who don't like it. It's especially better when people who didn't like it write their thoughts instead of just raging and hating. So, again, thank you.

Sadly, my next work won't be on HPL2 engine; but I learned a lot from White Night and feedbacks from both people who liked it and people who didn't. As a human being of course I'd prefer everyone likes it and praise it, but that's something never happens to anything; and I'm aware of that fact. So, turning it into an advantage is only option I can do.

I asked people on ModDB why they gave it a low rating, in hope I'd learn something, but sadly none of them responded me. So, I'm aware of your feedback's value.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2011, 09:52 AM by Tanshaydar.)
12-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Website Find