Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 84 Vote(s) - 4.31 Average
White Night - Total Conversion v1.1
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5
RE: White Night - Total Conversion

(10-15-2011, 07:25 PM)Chagedpking Wrote: For the life of me, i cannot figure out what to do at the part with the fridge. Please help?! Huh

look here:

Spoiler below!
[Image: amnesia2011101514261061.th.jpg]

press the buttons in order like in picture

but i think, the hardest puzzle was with the piano in clinic, that kill my mind Shy

very long story,and creepy atmosphere, but the Abduction map was more longer Tongue
i dislike scenes , where you walk as turtle and no lights... hehe

btw, i saw some creature, like big worm from Penumbra . that was great!
10-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

(10-15-2011, 06:44 PM)bobbo Wrote: Okay, after a restart I took the crowbar with me.
Now I'm in the next section with the numbers puzzle for the locked door. My problem is: I used the flashlight too much, it ran out of energy just when I wanted to press the numbers. Now I can't see the buttons. Did anyone find a new battery in that area?
Oh, facepalm - there's a place for a light bulb right next to the console.

10-15-2011, 08:28 PM
Find
keeshond5 Offline

Threads: 0

(10-15-2011, 06:44 PM)bobbo Wrote: Okay, after a restart I took the crowbar with me.
Now I'm in the next section with the numbers puzzle for the locked door. My problem is: I used the flashlight too much, it ran out of energy just when I wanted to press the numbers. Now I can't see the buttons. Did anyone find a new battery in that area?
Spoiler below!
You can replace the lightbulb in the corner! And you can find batteries in the rooms that are closed. Just open them with the screwdriver.
10-15-2011, 08:30 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13

Wow this is coolBig Grin The story is substantial and the environment reminds me of FEAR.
Ah...old times...
10-15-2011, 10:20 PM
Find
Chagedpking Offline

Threads: 0
Heart  RE: White Night - Total Conversion

Hands down, the best story i've ever played. 100/10. Keep up the great work, hope there's a sequel!

10-15-2011, 10:41 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I got you some semi-popularity on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/...ersion_mod

I'm too lazy to post what I wrote there again, but I'm doing some crowd control, stating my opinions on what makes it great, etc etc...

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
10-16-2011, 02:14 AM
Website Find
FrictionalWeekly Offline

Threads: 6

Can I use your awesome fantastic music in my custom stories? Big Grin
10-16-2011, 04:08 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(10-16-2011, 02:14 AM)Lee Wrote: I got you some semi-popularity on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/...ersion_mod

I'm too lazy to post what I wrote there again, but I'm doing some crowd control, stating my opinions on what makes it great, etc etc...

Ah, thank you! And I'm glad you liked it. Coming from a game critic, it is good. I've read whole page, thanks.

(10-16-2011, 04:08 AM)qqs23 Wrote: Can I use your awesome fantastic music in my custom stories? Big Grin

Have you read the disclaimer.txt and music_credits.txt?
You can use every assets of White Night but you need to give proper credits, which also includes original creators of the assets.
For music, you need to ask for permission from every single composer.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2011, 09:41 AM by Tanshaydar.)
10-16-2011, 09:41 AM
Website Find
yasar11732 Offline

Threads: 2

Check this out, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT7y5wUGd8s

after 17th minute Smile

10-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

Finished! My two cents:

Spoiler below!

I really enjoyed the way the story enfolds! All those mind struggle moments which set it together piece by piece were made very well. If I understood it correctly, the story-telling was most important to you – you did a great job with this!

Now about the gameplay itself:

I enjoyed that this was about a story and nice puzzles and not about surviving waves of enemies. I'm not sure what to think about the transparent monster – someone said he found it looked too funny. I think it's okay, and also the use of the Penumbra monster in the beginning is okay. But the Amnesia monster's just look more scary. What I didn't like was the fire appearance of the water monster. The invisible danger making splash after splash while hunting me was much more terrifying to me.

I enjoyed the puzzles, especially the hot bathtub one! The piano one was tough for me, too, but it is solvable. The „use bricks just like memories“-one was a very nice idea but a bit long for my taste. It could have been half the way or maybe ¾ of the way, in my opinion.

Someone said it before: Maybe there were a bit too many slow-motion-moments. At least, some of them were too long for me. When I realize that a moment is a slow-mo-moment and I know that I need to move to a certain position to progress, it is a bit frustrating when my character is in turtle mode and can only crawl to that position.

Many areas were pretty well made, but some of them looked a bit „empty“ or sterile to me. Especially the entry hall with the piano puzzle looked too clean in my opinion.

I liked the idea to replace the lantern with the flashlight and the tinderboxes with light bulbs. Unfortunately, I didn't find many places to make use of the lightbulbs. I think I used only two right in the beginning and could rely on the flashlight from then on, also because there were so many batteries.

Someone said the voice acting sounded cheap to him, but I have to say that I enjoyed it. In my opinion, it was pretty well made. I don't know if it was done by visitors of this forum, if so: congratulations to you, too! Unfortunately, I sometimes had trouble to distinct between Sofia and Gracie, especially when I returned to a saved game after some hours.

I have already mentioned the crowbar issue in a previous post and you already noticed it in a LP. I just wanted to add that I didn't come across any other bug of this kind, so the level transfers seem to be flawless from then on.

There are some spelling mistakes in a few notes, but it wasn't so bad that it bothered me much.

Unfortunately, the story ending was a huge downer for me. The way it is, it is just another version of all those „Hah, you thought you'd survive but here are three million grunts now, there is no escape“-endings in traditional custom stories. On the other hand, this could be a great beginning for a sequel: This time, it's not happening in his mind but he has to escape from the mad women in real world? Wink

All in all: A great way to tell the story, and a great job with putting all those modern models into the usually ancient Amnesia style. It was a lot of fun to play, thank you very much!
10-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Find