Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 84 Vote(s) - 4.31 Average
White Night - Total Conversion v1.1
JenniferOrange Offline

Threads: 43
RE: White Night - Total Conversion

Amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing I pretty much crapped my pants at the level design. Loved it.

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
10-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Find
Pr3d4t0r Offline

Threads: 4

(10-25-2011, 08:48 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote:
(10-25-2011, 05:18 PM)Pr3d4t0r Wrote: Gonna play it later, looks awesome !
By the way, I just saw you have no French translation in your mod, I can translate for you if you want.
Peace ^^

That would be awesome. I was expecting more people willing to translate, but it turned out to be fewer than I expected. So far only German and Czech are competed. Greek and Turkish are in progress; and no other language offered so far :/
Well, I can translate in French, I speak both languages so it's not difficult don't worry.

So I tested your mod (well the beginning) and it's really amazing ! Ambiant, music, lights are really creepy ! And the beginning is just... WOW !

The only bad thing I could tell you is the quality of the voices. The main character voice is well did but the sound quality is really bad, looking like he's talking in a microphone. The voice acting by the girl is not really good and the audio quality is bad too. I could be able to mix it for you, as I'm composer and I mix musics for my group. But that is just a really little thing, all the other things are awesome.

Oh and another thing, I found a little "glitch" :

[Image: 756b7780-e17e-45dd-b093-a6007eb9f30c.jpg]

I was able to see this by climbing the wall with a chair.

Spoiler below!
Just now I'm at the part where you open the door up the stairs with the key, gonna continue tommorow ^^

The ambiant is really really oppressive and scary as hell, good job !

More to come, Peace ^^

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2011, 11:42 PM by Pr3d4t0r.)
10-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Find
Essen Offline

Threads: 2

(10-25-2011, 08:48 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote:
(10-25-2011, 05:18 PM)Pr3d4t0r Wrote: Gonna play it later, looks awesome !
By the way, I just saw you have no French translation in your mod, I can translate for you if you want.
Peace ^^

That would be awesome. I was expecting more people willing to translate, but it turned out to be fewer than I expected. So far only German and Czech are competed. Greek and Turkish are in progress; and no other language offered so far :/

Wait what?There's Czech translate in it?LOL!Nice work man!

10-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Find
Pr3d4t0r Offline

By the way Tan I can translate in French and my gf can translate in Spanish and Italian if you want Wink
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2011, 06:07 PM by Pr3d4t0r.)
10-26-2011, 06:06 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

That would be really really awesome. Spanish and Italian? You are one lucky guy. I translated the game to Turkish just for my ex.

Fortunately, Hardarm is translation to Italian, but double check is always better.

So... Turkish, Czech and German are ready. French, Italian, Spanish, Greek and Swedish are on their way. If only we had Russian Tongue I don't know Russian enough to translate :/

10-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Website Find
Pr3d4t0r Offline

(10-26-2011, 06:48 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: That would be really really awesome. Spanish and Italian? You are one lucky guy. I translated the game to Turkish just for my ex.

Fortunately, Hardarm is translation to Italian, but double check is always better.

So... Turkish, Czech and German are ready. French, Italian, Spanish, Greek and Swedish are on their way. If only we had Russian Tongue I don't know Russian enough to translate :/
Yes, my gf speaks French, italian, Spanish and English. For myself, I speak French, English and Mahori (Tahiti), but I don't think the Mahori translation would be usefull lol.

Anyway, are you able to put some "accents" in the texts like this => é à è ç ô ê â î ï ë ä ??? Because it's gonna be necessary for the translations.

Right now, I'm playing your mod :

Spoiler below!
I just found the digit code to enter the room, and I can say "IM FREAKING THE CRAP OUT OF MYSLEF !" The part when the monster looks for you by checking the cell rooms is really AMAZING !"

Peace.

10-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

I'm glad you are enjoying Smile

Game language accepts all of the characters, but you need to use Notepad++ (or a similar text editor); and set encoding to UTF-8 without BOM. I use Turkish characters like Ş ş Ğ ğ İ ı and it works great.

10-26-2011, 07:16 PM
Website Find
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25

Only two things I noticed 'wrong' with your mod.

Spoiler below!
The mattresses - after the long ladder climb. They weren't too happy when I lifted them. Caused a huge, plane to clip through the halls.

video evidence!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px3e9QyDp...age#t=296s

Only other thing, which is rather miniscule, was after you got the downstairs key, before the Patient's Wards in the second bathroom, last stall that doesn't have a toilet and makes the lights go out. Looking down and to the right, there's some flickering textures. Really hard to catch, tbh.

Otherwise, this mod is beautiful.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2011, 07:22 PM by Russ Money.)
10-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Well, I thought it was your magic Tongue I'll look into them, I corrected many bugs and grammar mistakes, but I'll still wait for some more to make it as much bug free as it can be.

For that lights out thing:

Spoiler below!
There was a surprise for you there, but since you tried to 'fight' with Clarence and failed, that surprise is gone. All is scripted.

10-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Website Find
Morfar Offline

Threads: 12

[url]http://www.youtube.com/morfar[/url] Amnesia/Stories with facecam!
10-26-2011, 08:36 PM
Find