Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Stuck in the mines
hairysammoth Offline

Threads: 1
Stuck in the mines

//edit - Nevermind, I was on the wrong track completely. I thought you had to clear the hole or something - but you're not meant to go down that tunnel at all. The room has another purpose entirely... Tongue

Spoiler below!
I'm stuck in the section of mines called shaft 12 - just after pushing a mining cart down a hill to break down a wall. Here's a screengrab of where I mean (I trust this doesn't show anything that counts as a spoiler Tongue)

[Image: Stuck-vi.png?1175264150]

Spoiler below!
It's a little dark, but, er, that's the nature of the game. It's the room with slugs on the wall where a struggle has taken place, and it has a holding tank full of dead rock worms. I think I'm meant to go through that tunnel on the right, but I can't get into it. Am I missing something?

Off-topic - thoroughly original game, I'm loving it - though it's scaring the bejeezus out of me even at 3 in the afternoon...
03-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Find
barf0r Offline

RE: Stuck in the mines

What is the purpose of the room?

I'm there too but stuck.

Spoiler below!
I wondered if the UV light was so that you could read what was on the blank bit of paper. But it doesn't seem to be working. I can't figure out what else to do there.

Cheers
03-30-2007, 07:28 PM
Find
jetuser
Unregistered

Yeah me too, I got the paper but Im clueless as to what to do next. The only thing i can think of is getting a rat for him to eat? But I doubt thats it.
03-30-2007, 09:06 PM
barf0r Offline

I found out.

Spoiler below!
Go into the UV room.
Open your inventory.
Double click on the blank note

That ought to do it. I'm guessing finding the rat meat comes later on.
03-30-2007, 09:34 PM
Find
blackwolf Offline

Threads: 5

barf0r Wrote:What is the purpose of the room?

I'm there too but stuck.

Spoiler below!
I wondered if the UV light was so that you could read what was on the blank bit of paper. But it doesn't seem to be working. I can't figure out what else to do there.

Cheers

You mentioned a

Spoiler below!
blank bit of paper

Where is that? Is that in the room?

nm: found it
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2007, 09:33 AM by jindra.)
03-31-2007, 07:08 AM
Find
barf0r Offline

For anyone else who might come and read this, the

Spoiler below!
blank note is in the changing rooms lockers, under a hat if I remember correctly.
03-31-2007, 09:48 AM
Find
Gzy Offline

Threads: 0

barf0r Wrote:For anyone else who might come and read this, the

Spoiler below!
blank note is in the changing rooms lockers, under a hat if I remember correctly.

hi, i have spent an hr but still can't find the blank note....there's no such room called the changing room, and i didn't see any lockers...thx
04-01-2007, 01:52 AM
Find
Sand_monkey Offline

Spoiler below!
There should be a room that connects to another spider tunnel. One end directly in front of the door is blocked by a large rock, go through the tunnel and you should end up in a locker room. Drag the bolder that was blocking your way before (after moving the white floor panel thing) in front of the tunnel you just came out of to block the nasty spiders.

and for the item:

Spoiler below!
In one of the lockers there is a yellow helmet, lift that up and the blank paper is underneath.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2007, 02:29 AM by cuber3.)
04-01-2007, 02:22 AM
Find
RANDWILL Offline

I can see this is going to be hard for me. And I'm playing in Easy mode!

I pulled down the metal bookcase. I busted out the soft wood with the hammer. Why can't I get into the tunnel? It's completely open in front of me, but I cannot move down and into it.
04-01-2007, 03:52 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

RANDWILL Wrote:I can see this is going to be hard for me. And I'm playing in Easy mode!

I pulled down the metal bookcase. I busted out the soft wood with the hammer. Why can't I get into the tunnel? It's completely open in front of me, but I cannot move down and into it.
Tried crouching? (using Control)
04-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Find