Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(FIXED) Horizontal lines flashing up my screen
helu0302 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago (FIXED) Horizontal lines flashing up my screen

Hello. I have recently installed windows 7, and Amnesia, and when I attempt to play from the first lines that appear on screen to ingame, there is a strange line going up the screen over and over. On Vista it worked fine.

Further info:
The same problem occurs with The Penumbra Collection, and no other games, all my other game works fine, it seems to only be Frictional Games that have this same issue.

I tried changing all the settings and resolutions, didn't make any difference.

I did notice that on Amnesia, when I load it in windowed it does not have this problem, but I can't see the whole screen when playing windowed and don't know how to play Penumbra Windowed. This would seem to be the key, but i don't know how...

I am at resolution 1280 x 800 though others don't change the problem.

Amnesia is through Steam, while Penumbra is a store bought copy.

All these games use to work fine. All my drivers are up to date (according to Windows.) I haven't been able to find anyone else with this problem except on gamefaqs, where the question wasn't answered. Similar problems I found dont seem to be the same issue since other games run fine.

Help would be appreciated. Thank You.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2011, 04:03 AM by helu0302.)
03-21-2011, 01:16 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Horizontal lines flashing up my screen

Tried Vsync?

03-21-2011, 03:09 AM
Website Find
helu0302 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Horizontal lines flashing up my screen

Thanks, but it didn't help with either of them. I'm pretty sure I've tried all the options in the menu.Dodgy
(03-21-2011, 03:37 AM)helu0302 Wrote: Thanks, but it didn't help with either of them. I'm pretty sure I've tried all the options in the menu.Dodgy

FIXED. I found a really old post in the Penumbra tech forum with a driver dl that fixed the problem. Still not sure what problem it fixed or why it was only Frictional Games games that were affected, but it worked. So thanks. I'll have to post thanks in that too but I have to remember what page it was on Tongue
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2011, 04:02 AM by helu0302.)
03-21-2011, 03:37 AM
Find
whyitnotwork Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: (FIXED) Horizontal lines flashing up my screen

Well would you care to provide the link? Other people have this problem as well, you know.
03-28-2011, 01:40 AM
Find