Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid newbie Level Editor question
Solarn Offline

Threads: 3
Stupid newbie Level Editor question

So I started messing around with the Level Editor and created a nice little dungeon-ish hallway, but I have two problems, both relating to static objects.

1) dungeonbase/ceiling/corner_concave_short and corner_convex_short don't quite work together. If I want a corridor that has an arched ceiling with a door at one end and a bend at the other, I can't have it. If I want a bend, the corridor has to be 14 grid units wide so that the convex and concave roof corners both fit with the non-corner roof parts, but if I want the corridor to end in a wall or door, it has to be 16 grid units wide so that the two concave roof corners fit together.

2) dungeonbase/wall/corridor_graves. It doesn't work with any other wall. I wanted one side of the corridor to have graves in it, but I had to trash the idea because they don't fit with any other wall type.
03-26-2011, 04:37 PM
Find
MrBigzy Offline

Threads: 18
RE: Stupid newbie Level Editor question

Generally, you have to use things like welders to connect different types, as well as using scaling to make things fit. I also use planes to fit it missing parts sometimes.
03-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Find
Solarn Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Stupid newbie Level Editor question

(03-26-2011, 09:59 PM)MrBigzy Wrote: Generally, you have to use things like welders to connect different types, as well as using scaling to make things fit. I also use planes to fit it missing parts sometimes.
Thanks for the advice. Welders aren't enough to connect corridor_graves to other walls, but using a plane should help.
03-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Find