Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[MASSIVE SPOILER THREAD] The end
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13
RE: [MASSIVE SPOILER THREAD] The end

I know, but I feel some people take that to heart a bit too much...like, "Oh, well Alexander said it about himself, so it must be true." Just pointing out that he is manipulative either way and you can't trust everything he says. Smile
03-31-2011, 02:49 PM
Find
Ghostflame Offline

Threads: 0

In my opinion, I don't view Alexander as all that evil, he was merely desperate to return home. Sure, this doesn't justify his actions, but we all resort to extreme measures to achieve our primary goal. None of you can deny this, although many of you wouldn't go as far as murder and torture, it has been done by a large number of people. And yeah, most people don't exactly need human vitae to return to their own dimension, but, in reality, torture and murder can sometimes be the only way to solve ones problem/achieve their final goal.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2011, 11:08 AM by Ghostflame.)
04-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Find
Fomzo Offline

(04-03-2011, 10:58 AM)Ghostflame Wrote: In my opinion, I don't view Alexander as all that evil, he was merely desperate to return home. Sure, this doesn't justify his actions, but we all resort to extreme measures to achieve our primary goal. None of you can deny this, although many of you wouldn't go as far as murder and torture, it has been done by a large number of people. And yeah, most people don't exactly need human vitae to return to their own dimension, but, in reality, torture and murder can sometimes be the only way to solve ones problem/achieve their final goal.
True
04-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Find
Redeemer Offline

Threads: 2

An important note is made in the author commentary in Daniel's room. All of the diary entries by Daniel were written before he took the amnesia drink, and thus they reflect his past feelings and opinions. After Daniel takes the amnesia drink, the player assumes the role of the new Daniel, and he/she is fully free to make decisions and judge the old Daniel on their own. Therefore, when the time comes to choose how the game will end, it is up to the player to decide which ending is right and wrong and act on that decision.

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2011, 04:01 PM by Redeemer.)
04-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Website Find
Ghostflame Offline

Threads: 0

That's true, but he is somewhat influenced by what his past self wrote, after hearing what Alexander 'made' him do must have pissed him off something bad.
04-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Find
Solarn Offline

Threads: 3

Also, in Daniel's ending, he really does seem to be the exact same egotistical prick who wrote his last note (the one you find in the Inner Sanctum). It has to be all about him and he has to be the hero of the story. It doesn't even occur to him that Castle Brennenburg could have had any other purpose than to be a personal purgatory for him or that simply forgetting everything and giving Alexander to the Shadow might not have absolved him of every horrible thing he'd done.

He doesn't even face his own past deeds, he just refuses to acknowledge them. As far as I'm concerned, post-amnesia Daniel is just as bad as pre-amnesia Daniel was.
04-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Find
thepaleking Offline

Threads: 1

(04-03-2011, 08:48 PM)Solarn Wrote: Also, in Daniel's ending, he really does seem to be the exact same egotistical prick who wrote his last note (the one you find in the Inner Sanctum). It has to be all about him and he has to be the hero of the story. It doesn't even occur to him that Castle Brennenburg could have had any other purpose than to be a personal purgatory for him or that simply forgetting everything and giving Alexander to the Shadow might not have absolved him of every horrible thing he'd done.

He doesn't even face his own past deeds, he just refuses to acknowledge them. As far as I'm concerned, post-amnesia Daniel is just as bad as pre-amnesia Daniel was.

You could argue that the entire game, his dark descent, was the atonement for his past deeds. Having to go through that kind of torment and horror is a fitting punishment for what he had done. As far as being egotistical, maybe so, but every character in the game was acting for their own gain: Alexander wanted to get himself home, Agrippa wanted to live forever/travel to another world, Daniel wanted to survive. His justification for having been absolved of his sins by the killing of Alexander is that, though he may have killed many people himself, Alexander killed far more (I mean, its possible Alexander killed hundreds or thousands), and with his death those souls were put to rest. Yeah he may be egotistical, but shit, its hard not to put yourself first when seemingly everything was trying to kill you.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2011, 04:43 AM by thepaleking.)
04-04-2011, 04:40 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Oh, I have found a very interesting secret.
There is a 4th ending in the game.

Do you knew the 4th ending?
If you are not able to find the exit in the cell, after a lot of minutes, the red slime will kill you and you are dying in the cell. The game ends here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2OPLu8u1bI
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2011, 06:18 PM by Googolplex.)
04-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

(04-04-2011, 06:17 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Oh, I have found a very interesting secret.

If you are not able to find the exit in the cell, after a lot of minutes, the red slime will kill you and you are dying in the cell. The game ends here...

Yes I knew about it.
04-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

(04-04-2011, 06:17 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Oh, I have found a very interesting secret.

that was found like in the first week the game came out so yeah that's very old.
04-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Find