Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Update?
Bacon94 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Update?

Whoa, kinda creepy, dosen't even sound like Agrrippa Tongue
04-08-2011, 02:05 AM
Find
Francis York Morgan Offline

(04-08-2011, 01:41 AM)Apjjm Wrote: New audio files. Check out:
amnesia the dark descent\lang\eng\voices\monolog

Then look for files called "CH02L05_agrrippa_0X.ogg" where X is a number.

Those were scary because my name is Daniel...
04-08-2011, 02:05 AM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18

(04-08-2011, 02:05 AM)Bacon94 Wrote: Whoa, kinda creepy, dosen't even sound like Agrrippa Tongue

Sounds more like the girl from the prison area - plus, she mentions "telling Gabriel" about Daniels actions. Furthermore, there are no CH02L05 maps yet. Either these are yet to be added, or, it is possible the file names have deliberate misnomers in them. The unexpected omen entry also is labeled as being in CH02L25 - which doesn't exist either.

Edit:
Also, some stencil gobos added as light textures. See: "\lights\ptest\"
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2011, 02:28 AM by Apjjm.)
04-08-2011, 02:13 AM
Find
Tayrtahn Offline

Also of note: P-Body (the taller of these two chaps) can be seen in silhouette form on the main menu. Take a look at the wall through the doorway.

I took a screenshot, but I have a rather awful computer, so it's not the best quality: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/540639...0CD32DFDC/ (P-Body is dead-center here)
04-08-2011, 02:28 AM
Find

New line in a new file:
"Plummet through the ancient city"
04-08-2011, 02:32 AM
Find
Porkyle Offline

Threads: 1

You can also crank the phonograph to listen these. Smile
04-08-2011, 02:49 AM
Find
Tayrtahn Offline

To the developers: Nice obfuscation. Glad you had fun. I like the 1nt trick. I'll crack this yet.
04-08-2011, 02:54 AM
Find
Mastermind Offline

I had worked on a transcription of these files on the Steam Amnesia boards. Here is the best I've come up with (in order that they are played in game, not by file name):

Quote:Daniel! You killed me! You took my life away! If only you'll realize what you've done, what violence you have forced upon history! You have to make it right, you selfish old boy.

I am offering you redemption, but I need you to give me the answers. Rid yourself of guilt: tell me at once!

The man who escaped death in Grenoble, who is he? Who is hunting me? And, who is the Banished One?

You laughed when I told you I would call on Gabriel to help. You know him - where did you meet him?

You are slipping. Your mind is questioning my existence. My request is sincere, Daniel. This is all real! Where did you leave your sister?

Daniel, you are going mad. Go home. Call on her. [Bless?] her name and let her bring you home to England.

Listen, if there is any will in you left, answer my questions and let them make a name for yourself.

Overall, it's a very intriguing update. If nothing else, it's got a lot of people running around trying to figure out a puzzle for a 7 month old game. Smile
04-08-2011, 03:54 AM
Find
Tayrtahn Offline

I haven't finished playing through Amnesia yet (shame on me)... are these questions to which we know the answers? If so, they are almost certainly part of the bigger puzzle.
04-08-2011, 04:32 AM
Find

(04-08-2011, 04:32 AM)Tayrtahn Wrote: I haven't finished playing through Amnesia yet (shame on me)... are these questions to which we know the answers? If so, they are almost certainly part of the bigger puzzle.

Not yet Sad
Right, so I have to go to bed (got an early class tomorrow) but I wanted to suggest another theory.

I'm looking at the file folders for Amnesia and different entity files and different sound clips. I suspect that there is a new/different monster that we need to either get killed by or run from or something.

In the sounds folder of the game, there is a "ptest" folder. Inside are the folders "amb", "enemy", "entity", and "level0X" where x is 1, 2, 3, or 4. Inside are various .snt files. What my suspicion is is that we need to find a particular monster/character know as "suitor". A series of audio files and weird file extensions are related to the "suitor" entity.

Anyway, even Zach and I need to sleep.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2011, 05:10 AM by Francis York Morgan.)
04-08-2011, 04:33 AM
Find