Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thank You + Minor Suggestion
vergilmaycry Offline

Threads: 1
Thank You + Minor Suggestion

First of all, thank you, both FG and their fans. I haven't played a real "horror" game in years. Since the release (and my personal disappointment with) Dead Space, I had given up on what used to be my favourite genre, and somehow overlooked the Penumbra games. I'm almost done with Amnesia, and I have to say, this is the best game I've played in a couple of years - the atmosphere, the lore, the design decisions! As for fans like me, thanks to you guys for supporting Penumbra so that this game could've been made in the first place, and so the next game can eventually arrive. Big Grin

P.S. Are the Penumbra games as good as Amnesia? Or have I been too spoiled by their successor to enjoy them?

Minor complaint/suggestion: I don't know how picky you guys are when gaming, but my inner grammar nazi found a spelling mistake in one of the loading screens. The one referencing Damascus rose oil and the person not being able to breathe (needs an "e" at the end of "breath")
04-13-2011, 02:43 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Thank You + Minor Suggestion

Penumbra: Black Plague can compete with Amnesia in horror. So, play them.

04-13-2011, 03:03 AM
Website Find
vergilmaycry Offline

Threads: 1

(04-13-2011, 03:03 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Penumbra: Black Plague can compete with Amnesia in horror. So, play them.

Just picked up the entire Penumbra bundle on Steam Tongue
04-22-2011, 06:31 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

You shouldn't play Dead Space with the desire to be scared, you should play it with the desire to enjoy a sci-fi action/horror game

Dead Space does qualify as a 'real' horror game, horror does not mean that they are trying to scare you, it means they are trying to horrify you.

It's like how Stephen King puts it

“I recognize terror as the finest emotion and so I will try to terrorize the reader. But if I find that I cannot terrify, I will try to horrify, and if I find that I cannot horrify, I'll go for the gross-out. I'm not proud.”
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2011, 06:44 AM by Hunter of Shadows.)
04-22-2011, 06:40 AM
Website Find