Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: The Dark Descent & Justine DLC crashing
p0rtalthinker Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Amnesia: The Dark Descent & Justine DLC crashing

Ok so I downloaded the update and was very excited to play the new DLC. The first time I opened it the game had a black screen with my curser, and after alt-tabbing out I find an exception access violation error message. closing the game and opening it again, I tried loading up the DLC and it did it perfectly.

Now tonight when I wanted to try my luck with it again, I got booted out with the same message (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module atioglxx.dll at -insert lots of numbers and letters here- (that particular file is in my system 32 folder btw), and this time closing and trying to launch it again didn't work. Any help on how I can resolve this issue? I'm running win7 64-bit with the latest ATI driver.... and I don't think anything changed from before the update that should make the game error out like this...

04-16-2011, 07:10 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia: The Dark Descent & Justine DLC crashing

Could try to rename the Amnesia folder in My Documents to see if a fresh folder structure helps.
04-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Website Find
p0rtalthinker Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia: The Dark Descent & Justine DLC crashing

Ok that worked great (Thanks btw). I did some settings in the launcher before I launched and created a new profile, but I get the crash and have to rename the file again if I do any major settings changes in game (such as vertical sync which you can't enable in the launcher). Why does that happen?

04-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Could be that you have a vertical sync settings in the control panel for the graphics card as well and the two settings are in conflict and that is why it crashes. Try leaving it off in Amnesia and then force it on in the control panel instead.
04-17-2011, 01:58 PM
Website Find
Rion Offline

Threads: 0

I've got the same issue and tried everything you mentioned, but neither renaming, nor forcing Vsynch helped. Is there any other way to fix this? Or a patch, maybe?
07-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Find
TFEF Offline

Threads: 0

Attach the hpl.log file under My Documents/Amnesia/Main here.
07-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Find