Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Touchy Subject
Matthias Steel Offline

Threads: 9
Touchy Subject

i know this is a touchy subject but i was curious as to what religion the members of the Frictional Games forum follow. i myself am an atheist but i am very interested in the topic of religion and i accept everyones beliefs for what they are and i would like to see what the members on here believe. seeing how Frictional Games develops games that are more on the darker side of the spectrum i'm really curious about the forum members religious views. Angel

P.S. Don't reply if you're truly not comfortable talking about your religious views.

"He rides the wind on silent wings lazerbeams ripping steel, Black helicopters go up in flames before they know that he's real"
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2011, 12:50 PM by Matthias Steel.)
04-16-2011, 11:56 AM
Find
DominusVita Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Touchy Subject

Touchy subject indeed. I've always been fine with people believing whatever they wish to believe, but I've been an atheist all my life, and have little incentive to change that viewpoint. It's rarely been an issue in my life with others because it's much easier to hide and keep secret than say, sexual orientation or something along those lines. It is what it is.
04-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Find
Tottel Offline

Atheist as well. No problem with religion at all. As long as they don't enforce them on others.

And DominusVita, you're right. It's not all that hard to hide. I can't even imagine having to tell my grandparents I'm not religious. Big Grin
04-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Find
Gharren Offline

Threads: 1

Christian, but not strict.
I mean, I believe in god, but don't have such outdated opinions many christians have.

I'm a werewolf. Meow.
-----------
The Beauty of Nature.
-----------
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2011, 02:40 PM by Gharren.)
04-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Website Find
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3

Part of the Christian church, but really an atheist.

I'm fine with people believing in what they want, it doesn't make me think any less of them.
In return, I expect the same.

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
04-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I'm gay, so somehow most Christians will be angry at me (I was born into a Christian family and all that). Those two won't still follow a work of literature that is very racist, sexist, and immoral in quite a few other ways.

I have considered other religions as well, including much more pacifist ones such as Buddhism, but in the end, nope. Humanist.

I am heavily opposed to lives that are led by religion and not, perhaps, the pursuit of happiness, or the desire to help people, and I do in fact believe the world would be a much nicer place if people stopped believing in all-powerful beings with arbitrary rules. But I don't dislike people who follow a religion. I just never hope to become involved in one, and I definitely wouldn't indoctrinate my potential kids like my parents tried to do with me.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
04-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Website Find
TGST Offline

Threads: 2

I am a lutheran, though I don't really care about church and it's beliefs at all.

I believe that there is no such thing as god, and have never been. To me it is
just a symbol, god symbolizes hope etc. It's something you lean on when
you are in trouble, even though you haven't really considered if it is/has been something concrete or not. People tend to need something like that.
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2011, 06:17 PM by TGST.)
04-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Find
davva Offline

Threads: 1

Agnostic/Atheist here

04-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Find
kailip Offline

Threads: 4

Atheist. Smile
04-16-2011, 09:46 PM
Find
evertuy Offline

I like to think of myself as a Buddhist and a little bit Hindu.

Buddhist because I adore the though of tranquility and peace of mind.
Hindu because I like the idea of Reincarnation.

But I do not believe in a higher power (I. E. God) or anything omnipotent.

Sucky sucky 5 grand?
04-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Find