Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

More Graphics Oddities
bengaltgrs Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago More Graphics Oddities

I downloaded the demo and have noticed some strange graphics behavior.

With Post Effects:
[Image: pe1.jpg]

Withough Post Effects:
[Image: pe2.jpg]

With Post Effects:
[Image: bar2.jpg]

Without Post Effects:
[Image: bar1.jpg]

In the first scene, the post effects being turned on creates a weird split screen zoomed in effect, but is fine with post effects turned off. In the second scene, it actually looks like with post effects turned on, but notice the black bar at the top when post effects are turned off. I noticed that the scene in general seems to be zoomed in a bit when post effects are turned on. Also, the resolution in the settings is at 1280x720, but when I take screenshots, they come out at 1440x900. The 'zoomed in' effect I mentioned could be the game using the correct setting of 1280x720, while when post effects are off it uses 1440x900, just an idea.

Specs:
Windows XP
GeForce 8800 GTX w/ latest drivers
Pentium D 2.8ghz
2 gb ram
04-01-2007, 12:20 AM
Find
Dark Offline

Threads: 20
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: More Graphics Oddities

there was athread about it, its allmost the same as your problem: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/sho...hp?tid=661
there isent a solution at the time being, just play with post processing off

[Image: elfenliednx4.jpg]
04-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Find
bengaltgrs Offline

Threads: 1

Dark_Raver Wrote:there was athread about it, its allmost the same as your problem: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/sho...hp?tid=661
there isent a solution at the time being, just play with post processing off

Being a graphics programmer myself, a wall not being rendered and a split screen image being rendered to the screen instead of the correct post-processed image are two very different problems, even though both are solved by turning post-effects off. Also, in the second scene you might notice that the image with the black bar on top occurs when post-effects are off, so either way there are graphics problems occurring. I also forgot to mention in my first post that when post-effects are turned on in the first room, the pointer no longer works, making the game unplayable. Keep in mind that aside from the pointer not working, these graphics issues would not bother my gameplay, I was simply reporting these issues to help your programmer.
04-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Find
Jetsetlemming Offline

Threads: 5

The problems in that other thread were solved on the short term by setting shaders to "very low", not by turning off post-processing, though the effects changed a lot with post processing turned off in that one. O_o
04-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Judging from the first screenshot it seems like the texture which the screen is saved to (and where post effects are applied) is messed up in some way.

Quote:Also, the resolution in the settings is at 1280x720, but when I take screenshots, they come out at 1440x900. The 'zoomed in' effect I mentioned could be the game using the correct setting of 1280x720, while when post effects are off it uses 1440x900, just an idea.
This seem like an accurate way to describe it. There is definantly something funny going on. Are you using the same resolution as the desktop? If not try that and see if that works. Else, try to lower the resolution.

I have tried the game in all kinds of screen ratios so it should work. The only problem i have had is when choosing a resolution which is larger than my desktop since (this was in non-fullscreen though) the lowel graphics clips the size while the engine still belives the screen is of anther size.

Hope this is of any help.
04-02-2007, 06:27 AM
Find