Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game crashes/major performance decrease
z3ris Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Bug  Game crashes/major performance decrease

So I've read the troubleshooting thread but none of it has worked and so here I am making my own thread. I've had Amnesia for a while, ran and played it back in January/February, ran just fine at medium settings 1920x1080 res, I recently tried to play the Justine DLC or whatever and the games gives me the now infamous EXCEPTION ACCESS VIOLATION when I try to launch the game, I thought it may just be Justine but this happens when I try to boot up the original game as well.

I have a hunch this is due to two things but can't be sure which because I did not play the game in between both happenings, either the Justine update for the game or my (Radeon HD 5670) Catalyst Control Center update to v11.3. In the troubleshooting thread it says if you specifically have a 5670 to download an older driver providing a link to the AMD website to download, but the download link is broken.

I found that if I turned off triple buffering in CCC the game ran successfully but plays very sluggishly no matter the graphic settings. As I said before the game was running smoothly back in January/February, I have made no hardware changes since then. When I installed the driver I made sure to uninstall the previous one beforehand.

I've attached my hpl.log, I am at a loss of what to do...

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 2.8 KB / Downloads: 81)
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2011, 07:13 AM by z3ris.)
04-17-2011, 07:02 AM
Find