Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 3.64 Average
La Caza Full Release (And Custom Story Download)
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21
RE: La Caza Full Release

(04-18-2011, 06:08 AM)Cryaotic Wrote: Part 1 of the playthrough.

Great stuff Russ Money. Great stuff. :]

Your voice is fucking awesome

I'll admit though Russ, I don't care for your voice acting, no offense, it doesn't BOTHER me, because you can't be expected to be a super duper voice actor and ANY voice acting at all is amazing

Really trying to be positive with my criticism, so sorry if I offended you
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2011, 12:56 AM by Hunter of Shadows.)
04-20-2011, 12:54 AM
Website Find
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25

(04-20-2011, 12:54 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: Your voice is fucking awesome

Thank you sir, I do get that a lot. Smile

edit: Haha, whoops. I mean, I KNEW WHO YOU MEANT.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2011, 01:29 AM by Russ Money.)
04-20-2011, 12:55 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

...Wow, a silent grunt

You're the devil Russ
04-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Website Find
DominusVita Offline

Threads: 4

I really think La Caza does a great job of setting itself apart from the competition in terms of mod/addons for Amnesia. For one thing, the setting isn't "You're in a haunted mansion/house/castle. Go run around and get scurred". It goes more along the lines of Amnesia itself, and tries to find a more realistic setting with significantly paranormal elements added to it.

A lot of the environmental themes remind me a great amount of the crypt dungeons of ES: Oblivion. It's very heavy in terms of puzzle elements - and to be honest, the first few were a bit too frustrating for me. The timer on getting all the levers down wasn't particularly forgiving. It's certainly not Riven by any means in terms of puzzle difficulty, it just could've used another 5 seconds so I didn't get a headache trying to pull it off.

The major scares are well-timed, and aren't in the predictable "You got a key item! Here comes the monster" fashion. I involuntarily put my hand over my mouth when I opened a particular door and felt the pulse jump up.

As others have said before, the journal voice acting isn't necessarily top notch, but the rest of the VA is very impressive.

Overall, it's certainly in my top 5. It goes in directions most custom stories haven't bothered trying, and has some very memorable moments(particularly near the end) Great work. russ - the hard work paid off Smile
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2011, 11:14 AM by DominusVita.)
04-20-2011, 03:56 AM
Find
Russ Money Offline

(04-20-2011, 03:56 AM)DominusVita Wrote: I really think La Caza does a great job of setting itself apart from the competition in terms of mod/addons for Amnesia. For one thing, the setting isn't "You're in a haunted mansion/house/castle. Go run around and get scurred". It goes more along the lines of Amnesia itself, and tries to find a more realistic setting with significantly paranormal elements added to it.

All I can say is wow. Not only from this just being a positive review, but how well written it is as well! I'm glad you hold it such high regards. True, the first lever puzzle does demand quite a bit of perfection.

Though I feel like I just slapped something together the best I could, I'm just glad I made game that people are enjoying.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2011, 12:25 PM by Russ Money.)
04-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

(04-20-2011, 12:54 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: Your voice is fucking awesome

Why thank you! I rather enjoy my voice as well, glad it doesn't displease. :]

With that said, the last two parts of the playthrough are up here and here.

Amazing work Russ Money, I haven't been as twitchy in a custom story in quite some time!

04-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Russ Money, in the .txt file you wrote thet I should extract La Caza files to my root Amnesia folder. However, my root Amnesia folder has folder of the same name as La Caza's ( e.x. config, lang). Now, what sould I do? I don't think it's good idea to change things in Amnesia original folders...
PS. I bought Amnesia at retail.
04-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Find
Russ Money Offline

La Caza doesn't change or remove any of the files for Amnesia: The Dark Descent. It does add the files needed to run the mod in various sub folders. If you don't trust the extractor, you could place the folders on your desktop and move each folder into the correct one. Once that's done, just run the La Caza.exe, if you wanted to go back and play Amnesia, just run Amnesia.exe.

La Caza shouldn't change anything within Amnesia's original installation, just adds subfolders. All the subfolders and their locations are in the ReadMe if you want to remove any of it.

04-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Find
Andari Offline

Threads: 3

This is my Favorite custom story yet. (I "installd" it as a custom story – had to replace and rename the langauge File.) The outside scene is a bit. Hm. The sky is too bright, and the HPL2
outside odjects are still not good looking. And I could not Finish it. Big Grin Somehow, I cant do enything with the Hearth... (Maybe someone could help?)
04-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

(04-21-2011, 03:30 PM)Russ Money Wrote: La Caza doesn't change or remove any of the files for Amnesia: The Dark Descent. It does add the files needed to run the mod in various sub folders. If you don't trust the extractor, you could place the folders on your desktop and move each folder into the correct one. Once that's done, just run the La Caza.exe, if you wanted to go back and play Amnesia, just run Amnesia.exe.

La Caza shouldn't change anything within Amnesia's original installation, just adds subfolders. All the subfolders and their locations are in the ReadMe if you want to remove any of it.

Thanks a lot. Now let the play begin! ( Well, not NOW, cuz it's bright. I'll just wait till the nightfall)Big Grin
UPDATE: I can't launch the mod Sad .When I try to launch La Caza, A BlackBox appears and says something about EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION problem...
Please help.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2011, 04:19 PM by Fomzo.)
04-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Find