Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
In Memory
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8
RE: In Memory

Thank you! I admit my intentions weren't too focused on being scary, more like to sample from the original game what I saw as "Oh this is pretty, I'd like to stay here for a while..." But I apologize if this is not as enjoyable, I promise to include more tension and fright in a future story ;)

Also;

Spoiler below!
She does help you, she is the one who drops the thaler-pouch in the end of the short mystic crypt level (with the grab-able ladder) Sorry if I could not flesh out more of an appearance from her, I am not too keen with either the proper topology nor rig/animation skills for humanoids, and it would seem quite out of place to me to use a default monster as her... But I admire your idea, someday I hope to bring a more noticeable presence to kind faces in a story :)

05-10-2011, 04:23 AM
Find
Elexyr Offline

Threads: 0

Ah, true. She does do that!

Well, she's been
Spoiler below!
experimented on, so not too nice I hope? :p

Keep em coming!
05-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

I have to disagree. You created something new - a map focused on beautiful environments. Variety is always good.

Spoiler below!

And seeing as you are almost finished with this map.. Would you be interesting in making one level on my current, unannounced project? I think the players will enjoy your mapping as mine appears a little, er blunt, in comparison. It's an interesting project and I could share some information on it if you would consider it!

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

05-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Find
The Chunky Monkey Offline

Nice! made a video of my experience, enjoy! =) (although the quality sucks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9SIh_xG3m8

Is there supposed to be a story? if there was i didn't really see it... loved the staircase, I was actually light for once!
Great map! look forward to more fom you!
05-11-2011, 12:44 AM
Find
The Chunky Monkey Offline

Nice! made a video of my experience, enjoy! =) (although the quality sucks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9SIh_xG3m8

Is there supposed to be a story? if there was i didn't really see it... loved the staircase, I was actually light for once!
Great map! look forward to more fom you!
05-11-2011, 12:44 AM
Find
Kurton Offline

Hah, thanks for sharing the playthrough, that was fun to watch.

Sorry if the story was difficult to grasp, I think I ended up assuming I had revealed more of it than I actually had. But as I kind of said before, I wasn't sure of a lot of it myself. Wink

05-11-2011, 02:08 AM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

I just finished it and must say that I really enjoyed it!

Spoiler below!
I really like the idea of an unscary beginning! This was something different which totally makes sense when you just entered a castle during daytime and should be used more often.

But I agree that the monster appearance then came to abruptly. Of course, it's the dark cellar and you could expect a monster to appear - but I would like some moments that build up to this before. Something similar to the girl effects, like a doors being slammed shut or unsettling sounds untill finally the monster appears.

The hammer and chipper combined without a problem.

The ladder scene was great!

Then the moment when the girl helps you: I do not like the concept of thalers in general. To me it takes away the immersion (it's not like those chests have a coin slot) so I would suggest a key being thrown down instead. Then the screen blacked out for me and I woke up in the room with the hatch which I didn't understand. Did something hit me there?

Keep up the good work!
05-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Find
Puriel Offline

I loved the music and I saw it in the credits but I was hoping to you could list it here so I could look some of it up?
05-12-2011, 03:10 AM
Find
Kurton Offline

(05-12-2011, 03:10 AM)Puriel Wrote: I loved the music and I saw it in the credits but I was hoping to you could list it here so I could look some of it up?

Sure! The piano-track in the first level is "Nightingale" by Maati Paalanen; the ambient from the study is "The Empty Lantern" by me; the moody pad ambient from the tree chamber is "Episode One - Ambient 6" by Mikko Tarmia from the Penumbra soundtrack; the music from the cavern-crypt is "The Red Caves" by Robyn Miller; and the track from the finale level is "Rime Age Ambience" by Tim Larkin (from realMyst :3)

05-12-2011, 03:23 AM
Find
Puriel Offline

(05-12-2011, 03:23 AM)Kurton Wrote:
(05-12-2011, 03:10 AM)Puriel Wrote: I loved the music and I saw it in the credits but I was hoping to you could list it here so I could look some of it up?

Sure! The piano-track in the first level is "Nightingale" by Maati Paalanen; the ambient from the study is "The Empty Lantern" by me; the moody pad ambient from the tree chamber is "Episode One - Ambient 6" by Mikko Tarmia from the Penumbra soundtrack; the music from the cavern-crypt is "The Red Caves" by Robyn Miller; and the track from the finale level is "Rime Age Ambience" by Tim Larkin (from realMyst :3)

Awesome Big Grin I also love your level designs! Can't wait to get my hands on the next CC of yours.Tongue
05-12-2011, 04:01 AM
Find