Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FATAL ERROR message pop up
kismetkitten Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago FATAL ERROR message pop up

I have been stressing over this for quite awhile now and have tried everything!! I am trying to play my Amnesia: The Dark Descent and whenever I do, a window pops up saying Fatal Error: Renderer #0 could not be initialized! Make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date. Check the log file for more information.

So went to my device manager and I checked if it was up to date. But It said it was, so I went to the intel website and tried using their System Identification Utlity and I can't seem to get it to work. So I followed their directions for checking the graphics driver info and saved the information to file. (Provided in the attachment)

I went to their download center and went through the selections of my OS and downloaded the latest driver:
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows 7* 64, Windows Vista* 64 (zip) which can be found in the link below.
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_D...pe=Drivers

It says in the description that it supports my video card (Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family), but when I run the set up it says:
The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer. Set up will exit.

My computer is a Gateway Ms2273 Laptop running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. I have contacted Gateway about the problem and they said they had no solution for my problem. I am in the process of contacting intel atm and am waiting for response.
Anything I can do to fix this??
REMOTE ASSISANCE WOULD BE GREAT IF AVAILABLE ;(

Attached Files
.txt   DiagnosticReport.txt (Size: 1.84 KB / Downloads: 100)
04-24-2011, 07:36 AM
Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: FATAL ERROR message pop up

Intel cards are below the requirements to run the game unfortunately. And for future reference the windows device manager will not actually tell you if your peripherals are running the latest drivers from their manufacturers - just so you know Big Grin
04-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Find
kismetkitten Offline

Threads: 1

(04-24-2011, 09:54 AM)Bek Wrote: Intel cards are below the requirements to run the game unfortunately. And for future reference the windows device manager will not actually tell you if your peripherals are running the latest drivers from their manufacturers - just so you know Big Grin

Oh okay. Thanks dewd. Smile
04-25-2011, 03:06 AM
Find
Krishtina Offline

Threads: 2

(04-24-2011, 09:54 AM)Bek Wrote: Intel cards are below the requirements to run the game unfortunately. And for future reference the windows device manager will not actually tell you if your peripherals are running the latest drivers from their manufacturers - just so you know Big Grin

Excuse me, how does one acquire a graphics card?
I'm an extreme noob.
04-26-2011, 02:15 AM
Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

^ Didn't you say you had a laptop? In that case you can't install a graphics card.
04-26-2011, 03:03 AM
Find
Krishtina Offline

Threads: 2

(04-26-2011, 03:03 AM)Bek Wrote: ^ Didn't you say you had a laptop? In that case you can't install a graphics card.

lol
Just found that out.
I told you I am an extreme noob.
04-26-2011, 03:09 AM
Find