Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.63 Average
Video Tutorials [OMG ELEVEN!!!!]
laser50 Offline

Threads: 22
RE: Video Tutorials [OMG ELEVEN!!!!]

Simpanra, could you make a tutorial on how to use Custom models on your custom story? It would help me Big Grin

Current Project: [WIP] Lost Memories
Progress: 15%
CLICK FOR MY MODDB PAGE
06-20-2011, 08:10 AM
Find
christopher231 Offline

Threads: 4

Hey can you make a video about how to make a lever open a secret door!! (if you haven't already) i have looked for it and i cant seem to find anything about how i am ment to do this!!!
07-18-2011, 07:14 AM
Find
Henriksen Offline

Threads: 71

May I request a tutorial on how to make .jpg pictures into planes in the level editor??? Smile

07-18-2011, 08:06 AM
Find
convolution223 Offline

Threads: 15
RE: Video Tutorials [FIRST VIDEO IS UP]

(04-25-2011, 04:33 PM)Dalroc Wrote: You should indent your code.. Especially if you are going to teach others to script.

I guess I could explain for you what the "string& asName", "float afTime", "string& asFunction" and all those mean.

Lets use your own tutorial as example.
In your AddEntityCollideCallback you have the parameters "Player", "RoomTwoArea" and "1".
In you CollideRoomTwo function you "import" these parameters with a new name you specify.

So
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "RoomTwoArea", "CollideRoomTwo", true, 1);
calls
CollideRoomTwo(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int &in alState)
This means Player is now a variable named asParent inside of the CollideRoomTwo function, RoomTwoArea is named asChild and the 1 in stored inside an integer variable called alState.

Now this doesn't really change anything for this specific script, but it's good for doing a general function that you use several times for several different entities and locations (unlocking doors, ambient noises, levers).

Example, this code would unlock any door that calls it:
PHP Code: (Select All)
void KeyOnDoor(string &in asItemstring &in asEntity)
{

SetSwingDoorLocked(asEntityfalsetrue);

PlaySoundAtEntity("""unlock_door.snt"asEntity0false);

I kinda guessed that, but didn't know for sure till I read what you said. I'm definitely going to try and use this kind of generalized function in my code. very helpful, thanks Smile
07-18-2011, 08:20 AM
Find
Jovismcp Offline

Threads: 1

Hi there, I've been looking around and haven't found any particularly helpful guides on playing sounds and music in the game via the level editor and .hps files, if anyone has a link to one that'd be great. Also, I've found your videos really useful Simpanra, I spoke to you before on youtube under the name 'sideburncorporation'. Anyhow, thanks all Smile
07-22-2011, 12:04 AM
Find
xtron Offline

Threads: 37

I'm creating some tutorials too and I don't know if Simpanra is still active on making tutorials :O.

I could contribute with some tutorials Smile.

Youtube name: Xtronism

I currently only got 1 but there will be more.

[Image: 44917299.jpg]Dubstep <3
07-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Find