Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Replaying after a good long break...
NGW Offline

Threads: 13
Replaying after a good long break...

Game still has it. Really enjoying playing with the commentary, gives some nice info and also breaks the tension juuuust enough sometimes. Though the placement of some are kinda lol worthy (such as in the elevator on your way to the prison).

And yeah, even after previous plays, a good break and this game can still get the heart going.

Christ I hate the storage X_X

[Image: ngweyesigcopy.jpg]
04-26-2011, 10:05 AM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

RE: Replaying after a good long break...

Yup, I did the same thing. I did enjoy the commentary as well and played it all in two sittings that time around. Tongue My second sitting consisted of playing from the water level all the way to the end!
04-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Find
Duskofdead Offline

Threads: 1

I like the commentary, which I am slowly playing through, but I have some mild difficulties understanding it at times. I almost want to make my sister's boyfriend who grew up in Sweden sit there and translate their English for me sometimes, lol. I'm really good with accents as a general rule, but sometimes I just don't catch bits of what they said, and they're quiet compared to the ambient sound since music and such can't be individually turned down.
04-26-2011, 06:33 PM
Find
Dennis Offline

Threads: 0

I agree that the commentaries can be pretty difficult to hear sometimes. Next time FG adds commentary, they should put subtitles in with it. It can't be that much work, and the info we get is much easier to understand.
04-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Find
NGW Offline

Yeah, subtitles would have helped a lot. Especially since the audio quality differs for some of the entries depending on who it is, and while I'm pretty good with accents it is hard to understand the team sometimes.

04-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

(04-26-2011, 07:21 PM)Dennis Wrote: I agree that the commentaries can be pretty difficult to hear sometimes. Next time FG adds commentary, they should put subtitles in with it. It can't be that much work, and the info we get is much easier to understand.

When I played with commentary it lowered all other in-game volume...I could even clearly make out the commentary when flashback clips were playing simultaneously.
04-27-2011, 04:51 AM
Find
NGW Offline

^yeah, I've noticed the same, it gives priority to the commentary.

04-27-2011, 06:03 AM
Find
Urrah Offline

Threads: 4

I admire your bravery, I don't think my sanity could withstand another playthrough.
04-27-2011, 08:12 AM
Find
catsick Offline

Threads: 0

Amnesia was definitely a single play type of game for me. I can't bring myself to have another go at it. Not because of the scare factor... I mean, after playing the game through once and watching countless videos of it on YouTube, I'm over the thrills. It was terrifying, but it doesn't scare me when I try to play it again.

However... I've found humor, and surprisingly new terror in the game, watching my friend's play it. It's very entertaining.

i'm only mean out of necessity
04-27-2011, 11:38 AM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Yeah, I can kind of agree with you. Second time for me was only scary at a couple parts, but less than half.
04-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Find