Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your "Wait... what?" moments
eiahmon Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Your "Wait... what?" moments

(05-03-2011, 01:05 AM)gandalf91 Wrote:
(05-02-2011, 09:41 PM)eiahmon Wrote: My moment came during my third playthrough, when I was mapping the castle out to see if it was possible to build it on Sims 3 (Which sadly, no it isn't. The castle is just too big.)

So I'm in the entrace hall, and I'm thinking that it was likely a half storey above ground, like many castles, which was borne out by the wine cellar, which is one floor lower, being half underground. So from the entrance hall, I went down to the Refinery, so I was then a half storey underground. From there, I went down into the cellar archives, which meant I was then a floor and a half underground. After that, I went up one floor into the Back Hall, so I'm back to being a half floor underground, and then up one more floor to the study, so I'm now a half floor above ground. Yet somehow I'm above the trees, and when I jumped through the window in an earlier playthrough, I was high enough that the landing was instantly fatal.

I know that it was just the way the castle was laid out, and I paid no attention to it before nor since, but it was a bit jarring that time.

The flight of stairs you ascend going to the back hall is about twice the height of those descending to the refinery/distillery. So technically, the study should position you approximately 1.5 stories high. The back hall is above ground if anything.

*thinks* Yeah, you're right now that I think about it, but the study is still much higher than you would think. :p

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
05-03-2011, 03:25 AM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

Yeah, it is. I'd say it appears to be more like 3 stories above (as in it's the 4th story). Tongue The point Hollowleviathan made could be true also. Uneven terrain could account for that extra 1 or 1.5 stories of height.

Hmmm...wonder how far below the prison is. I'd wager -7.5 stories. Tongue
05-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Find
Disruption Offline

Threads: 2

I have to agree that the part where it says the wall is fragile but not breakable by hand, and then you break it by hand, is slightly strange. Oh well.
05-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18

In the storage, whilst testing a single segment speedrun route I clipped out the map and navigated OOB to the rods (to avoid exploding the rock pile). Apparently, a grunt wasn't too pleased with this strategy, and upon clipping back through a wall near the drill parts, he was waiting by one of the explosive mixture barrels just out of view. He then gave me a nice jawless hug and scared the hell out of me.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2011, 01:05 AM by Apjjm.)
05-09-2011, 01:04 AM
Find
ZxBrad Offline

Threads: 29

(04-26-2011, 07:06 PM)Duskofdead Wrote: Mine is:

Spoiler below!
In the revenge ending how the heck does Daniel casually walk out of the castle when the elevator shaft had completely collapsed behind him on the way down?

There was that one door in the room where you get the saw to cut agrippas head. The door was locked and after the revenge ending. It was probably Found available to open.

WARNING: Noob Doesn't Know How To Script.
[Image: xcn384.gif]

05-09-2011, 03:52 AM
Find
Sergiy Offline

Threads: 1

When on my way to finish the game, after getting all the orb parts and Agrippa's head
the bridges were invisible, seems like the textures were missing or bugged out. Luckily there was some of
that red goo The Shadow left so i could find my way.
05-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Find