Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Story theorycrafting re: Morgue
Duskofdead Offline

Threads: 1
Story theorycrafting re: Morgue

In the morgue:

Spoiler below!
You find a body that is "less than a day old." Who killed this man? And why? Alexander's already sealed in the inner sanctum, I suppose we can surmise the grunts or brutes did it, but why would they bring a prisoner to an examination table in the morgue and kill him?
04-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Story theorycrafting re: Morgue

Errr I think the duration of Amnesia events that the player takes part in(directly) lasts a day or two...
04-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Find
MooseTheScared Offline

It may be even less than a day. It is a single castle after all. Quite big, with lots of dungeons, but still a single building.
04-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Find
Duskofdead Offline

That's all possible, but it still seems to beg the question what was Alexander still doing with prisoners right up until the very last moment before
Spoiler below!
sealing himself away in the Orb chamber. It also brings up the whole "wait how long has it been since human servants have been around?", because someone took that body to the morgue, and I can't picture Alexander personally doing it, and the monsters kinda seem... too dumb? It also opens the question to me anyway, of if a brute or grunt did it... was Daniel aware of these creatures prior to amnesia?
04-28-2011, 12:36 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

We already know Alexander's servants were human before he took the amnesia potion(Daniel that is)
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2011, 06:30 AM by Hunter of Shadows.)
04-28-2011, 06:30 AM
Website Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

I don't think Daniel is a professional pathologist/coroner. His thoughts can be incorrect, consider his partial insanity.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
04-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Find
Fomzo Offline

RE: Story theorycrafting Morgue

(04-28-2011, 11:15 AM)Kein Wrote: I don't think Daniel is a professional pathologist/coroner. His thoughts can be incorrect, consider his partial insanity.

Hahaha you killed the entire mysterious atmosphereBig Grin
04-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Find
Duskofdead Offline

RE: Story theorycrafting Morgue

(04-28-2011, 11:15 AM)Kein Wrote: I don't think Daniel is a professional pathologist/coroner. His thoughts can be incorrect, consider his partial insanity.

That's honestly neither here nor there. Let me summarize my thoughts:

Spoiler below!

1) The body was fresh enough to have uncoagulated blood (at least enough to inject into the blood) which easily confirms it hasn't been dead "very long."

2) At some point after this person died, he was moved to the morgue by someone or something.

3) Alexander and Daniel were torturing and killing people fairly regularly to harvest vitae, and since we do not find bodies in any of the torture rooms, someone was regularly removing these bodies and carrying them a substantial distance to the morgue.

4) We know Alexander had human servants... at some point. We don't know how long prior he killed or "changed" them.

5) If the monsters (grunts, brutes) had been the ones doing Alexander's "grunt work" (moving bodies etc.) in a timeframe as recent as within the last day or so... wouldn't Daniel have had to know about them prior to amnesia? (And there is no hard evidence that he didn't-- although one would think working alongside magically created monsters of some sort would warrant a journal entry or diary by the meticulous Daniel.) If humans had been doing all the grunt work right up until about the time of Daniel's amnesia, what did Alexander do to them since? Kill them all or turn them all into grunts? Why would he bother doing such a drastic thing only after he'd already sealed himself into the inner chamber and didn't need to worry about them anymore?

Basically: someone/something was carrying on the regular, normal work in the castle right up until "the last 24 hours or so", and if this regular work was being done by grunts, were they just concealed from Daniel before? (He had to know someone was taking the bodies away from the torture sessions didn't he?) and if they were all humans, what happened to them all of a sudden just in the x hours since Daniel drank his potion?

That's what I'd like to hear your theories about.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2011, 06:04 PM by Duskofdead.)
04-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

Quote:Why would he bother doing such a drastic thing only after he'd already sealed himself into the inner chamber and didn't need to worry about them anymore?

Paranoia
04-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Website Find
gandalf91 Offline

Up until the prison most sounds you hear of people/voices are related to flashbacks of some sort (for example the girl in Storage). If you play with the commentary in Amnesia it tells you basically that upon entering the prison this theme changes. The voices you here at the beginning of the prison level is an actual prisoner at the present time. This is further indicated by the fact that
Spoiler below!
if you take a left down the first corridor, the man is slammed by a brute into the locked door and then killed
. So there were still a couple prisoners about right up until the time Daniel reaches the final segment of the game.
(04-28-2011, 03:32 PM)Fomzo Wrote:

Hahaha you killed the entire mysterious atmosphereBig Grin

Lol, indeed. Tongue
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2011, 10:34 PM by gandalf91.)
04-29-2011, 10:33 PM
Find