Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Abduction: Chapter 2 [RELEASE] (Chapter 1 download included)
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Abduction: Chapter 2 [RELEASE] (Chapter 1 download included)

Yea.. I guess you are right ... EVERBODY LOVES PUPPIES.

And yes ... I did found a problem. It doesnt show up in my custom story folder Big Grin.
05-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Website Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12

Oh. Whoops. Go into the custom_story_settings.cfg and replace "RealmEntry" with "Custom1".

Sorry about that.

If you don't want to do it all over again, start the story with "AtrumAula".

05-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Ok, thanks for the help Big Grin. Ill do it all again, just for the heck of it. I hate myself for watching part 2 of Cry's LP of it. xD You know ... In the lab ...
05-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Website Find
Anxt Offline

Well, I think you should watch his play through after you finish it anyway so you can see what it is supposed to be like with the Justine elements in it.

05-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Oh and ... I had to change maps/ch3 in the cfg with Ch01.
05-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Website Find
Anxt Offline

Oh yeah, makes sense. Again, sorry about that. I'm currently working on Ch.3 so I had my settings changed to fit my testing of it.

05-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Dont be. It happens all the time Big Grin. Wish you luck on the project. Im gonna go to sleep now .... 11 PM here.
05-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Website Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13

skypeskype Wrote:
(05-03-2011, 07:50 PM)Fomzo Wrote:
(05-03-2011, 07:24 PM)Anxt Wrote: Justine-free version is now located in the first post of this thread. You may want to change the name of the custom story slightly so that you can tell the difference between the two, as there will now be two on your list entitled "Abduction".

I can hardly stop myself from downloading this version, but I'll hold on to the release of non-Steam JustineSmile

I read your comment, then your signature. Made me giggle Big Grin.

Big Grin pleased
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2011, 10:35 AM by Fomzo.)
05-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Find
DominusVita Offline

Threads: 4

After taking some time and going through chapter 2, here's what I thought so far beyond what I sent to you in PMs, anxt:

Spoiler below!

Anxt, one of your strongest points is level design, and it certainly shows in Chapter 2. Specifically the sewers hub, the atrum, and the entire ending stand out as the most memorable of the chapter. The end had some very great contextual moments - I couldn't help but be reminded of Half Life 1 with the portal in the middle. They're waiting for you daniel - in the inner sanctum.

And then, there's the bugs. The whole "other" 5 was frustrating to find out, so it's good that it got addressed ASAP. Some issues I noticed after going through the chemical storage again was a lack of atmospheric pacing AFTER coming out of the mine - feel free to scare us more next time. Tongue The addition of that random grunt for a split second was a nice "WTF?" moment, sort of like with the Iron maiden I mentioned before.

It's going to be very interesting to see where you take chapter 3, because it will undoubtedly take a dramatically different direction than the first 2 chapters. Still looking great despite any bugs that have showed up.

I give it 4 out of 5 laudanums.

-DV.

05-04-2011, 11:09 AM
Find
Anxt Offline

(05-04-2011, 11:09 AM)DominusVita Wrote: After taking some time and going through chapter 2, here's what I thought so far beyond what I sent to you in PMs, anxt:

Spoiler below!

Anxt, one of your strongest points is level design, and it certainly shows in Chapter 2. Specifically the sewers hub, the atrum, and the entire ending stand out as the most memorable of the chapter. The end had some very great contextual moments - I couldn't help but be reminded of Half Life 1 with the portal in the middle. They're waiting for you daniel - in the inner sanctum.

And then, there's the bugs. The whole "other" 5 was frustrating to find out, so it's good that it got addressed ASAP. Some issues I noticed after going through the chemical storage again was a lack of atmospheric pacing AFTER coming out of the mine - feel free to scare us more next time. Tongue The addition of that random grunt for a split second was a nice "WTF?" moment, sort of like with the Iron maiden I mentioned before.

It's going to be very interesting to see where you take chapter 3, because it will undoubtedly take a dramatically different direction than the first 2 chapters. Still looking great despite any bugs that have showed up.

I give it 4 out of 5 laudanums.

-DV.

I appreciate the feedback, good sir!

Yes, I agree that I didn't do enough with the Chemical Storage, and I may go in and add something else to scare the player, but honestly I just couldn't think of any scares at the time that would make sense.

I am glad you like my level design, it is one of the things I try very hard at, and hopefully I can push myself even farther in Chapter 3 with the atmosphere.

And, well, 4 Laudanums can restore Daniel to full health, so I think that fifth one is a waste of inventory space anyway! Tongue

05-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Find