Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Next game: My ideas
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Next game: My ideas

(05-06-2011, 09:03 PM)MeetMyMeat Wrote: This may or may not have been done before, but I just wanted to throw these few idead out here.

Countless times.

(05-06-2011, 09:03 PM)MeetMyMeat Wrote: CO-OP
-------
* Both players have to use their headset, and when they talk, the monsters can actually hear them, so they will have to whisper at all times, and you get harder to hear as you go further away from your partner. Not sure if this is possible though.

No, you can't force players to use headset or microphone or even speaker. I.e., I stay at dorm and I don't use mic for any game.

(05-06-2011, 09:03 PM)MeetMyMeat Wrote: SINGLE PLAYER
---------------
* More random appearances of monsters, much like in Left 4 Dead with its AI director. Playing Amnesia for the second time, you could already tell where the monsters would be.

* Greater variety in enemies. Maybe the dogs fom Penumbra?

* Left 4 Dead? Fail. The fear of unknown bests the fear of known. After a while, you will get familiar with the monsters and all lovecraftian theme will be lost.

* Again no, no for especially dogs. New enemies, yes, greater variety? Already 3 enemies in Amnesia and I think that was enough as long as I'm not looking for Dead Space 2 in Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

All other ones, yes, and I think devs are working on engine to be capable of making them.

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2011, 06:21 PM by Tanshaydar.)
05-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Website Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

I wanted to have more intertwined difficult quests and puzzles.
I remember the note in Overture to find out the numbers for the key panel of the workshop.
I love it, if you have to be very intelligent and clever to solve a puzzle.
Amnesia was too easy and there are only a few puzzles.

I wanted to see a game full of puzzles and very important, with hidden rooms or hidden secret levels the normal player did not find.

The game should be full of ideas and not only a monster pursuit.

Make more horror with effects.

M.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2011, 06:43 PM by Googolplex.)
05-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

I think greater enemy variety is a decent idea. I do not at all agree it would make it less scary simply because "you're spending more time wondering what the next enemy will be". That's quite a silly assertion if I ever heard one.
05-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Find
Tiptoer Offline

Threads: 0

Honestly it doesn't matter what the enemy is, a human or a demon dog, it's the atmosphere that determines whether you're tense or not. Take Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth. It just had a very creepy setting and the right atmosphere so footsteps from humans could potentially scare the hell out of you, well along with ancient bipedal fish monsters.

I just found out about Frictional games but I do hope they have something ocean related because humans really don't know that much about what's in the oceans.
05-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Find