Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
replaying any area in the game?
robedits Offline

Threads: 3
replaying any area in the game?

I've finally finished this brilliant and terrifying game...one of the best PC games I've ever played.
I experimented with all three endings (although I could not push the portals over in the orb chamber for one of the endings,,,anyone able to do that?).
Another question: I was dissapointed to find that the game's "load game" only contained my last 20 autosave points. Are you not able to replay any area in the game now without restarting an entirely new game? If so,that would be very dissapointing.
Finally, I typed in the password to unlock "secret" content,and was underwhelmed. Are there supposed to be "new" areas to explore,or is it only some artist content and beta-test .avi files?
I cannot wait for a follow-up to this wonderful game. GREAT JOB,Frictional folks!
05-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Find
robedits Offline

RE: replaying any area in the game?

Anyone? I saw online in this forum someone (thanks!) posted a bunch of saved games (from a few various areas). Is there any way to replay certain chapters/areas of the game, or are there any links that contain saved games for all game areas? I'd rather not have to replay the entire game. If I'd have known that the game saves only the previous 20 auto saves (I didn't find this out until it was too late), I'd have made a compilation bin of my autosaves every so often.
Thanks.
05-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18

(05-08-2011, 10:24 PM)robedits Wrote: Anyone? I saw online in this forum someone (thanks!) posted a bunch of saved games (from a few various areas). Is there any way to replay certain chapters/areas of the game, or are there any links that contain saved games for all game areas? I'd rather not have to replay the entire game. If I'd have known that the game saves only the previous 20 auto saves (I didn't find this out until it was too late), I'd have made a compilation bin of my autosaves every so often.
Thanks.

Open up the folder where you save is, and locate a file called "main_settings.cfg". Back it up, then inside change the first line to:
<Main ShowMenu="true" ExitMenuDirectly="false" SaveConfig="true" DefaultProfileName="dev_user" UpdateLogActive="false" LoadDebugMenu="true" StartLanguage="english.lang" ScreenShotExt="jpg" ForceCacheLoadingAndSkipSaving="true" ShowPreMenu="true" />
Press F1 whilst in game to bring up a debug menu. Then use the load map feature the load the map you want to load (you might have to enable the script debug option too to give you the items needed for that map), you may also need to do this on a new game as some global puzzle vars may be stored.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2011, 01:01 AM by Apjjm.)
05-09-2011, 12:59 AM
Find
robedits Offline

Thanks for the info. I copied and pasted this line into the text,and F1 does indeed allow me to respawn maps as one of the choices...thank you. However,I see no option to "enable script debug options" anywhere within the drop-down or tab-choices. Thus,my inventory is completely empty. THis is the case whether or not I start a new game,or continue my old one, and use F1. How would I enable the script debug option? Appreciate the help.
Rob

(05-09-2011, 12:59 AM)Apjjm Wrote:
(05-08-2011, 10:24 PM)robedits Wrote: Anyone? I saw online in this forum someone (thanks!) posted a bunch of saved games (from a few various areas). Is there any way to replay certain chapters/areas of the game, or are there any links that contain saved games for all game areas? I'd rather not have to replay the entire game. If I'd have known that the game saves only the previous 20 auto saves (I didn't find this out until it was too late), I'd have made a compilation bin of my autosaves every so often.
Thanks.

Open up the folder where you save is, and locate a file called "main_settings.cfg". Back it up, then inside change the first line to:
<Main ShowMenu="true" ExitMenuDirectly="false" SaveConfig="true" DefaultProfileName="dev_user" UpdateLogActive="false" LoadDebugMenu="true" StartLanguage="english.lang" ScreenShotExt="jpg" ForceCacheLoadingAndSkipSaving="true" ShowPreMenu="true" />
Press F1 whilst in game to bring up a debug menu. Then use the load map feature the load the map you want to load (you might have to enable the script debug option too to give you the items needed for that map), you may also need to do this on a new game as some global puzzle vars may be stored.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2011, 07:01 PM by robedits.)
05-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18

I just assumed it would be on the debug menu. If it isn't you can find the setting in "user_settings.cfg" in your profiles subfolder. Look at line 2 (towards the end) - there should be a part which reads:
ScriptDebugOn="false"

Change to:

ScriptDebugOn="true"
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2011, 12:52 AM by Apjjm.)
05-10-2011, 12:52 AM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13

(05-08-2011, 05:31 PM)robedits Wrote: I've finally finished this brilliant and terrifying game...one of the best PC games I've ever played.
I experimented with all three endings [...]
Amnesia has 4 endings...
05-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Find