Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Custom Stories
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21
Custom Stories

I saw once a company did something that I to this day to be very helpful, in one of their games you can make your own RPG adventures(Blades of Avernum/Exile).

Then when scenarios were released(or in this case, custom stories) they were judged, and then sorted

Into the Solid Scenario's

The Untried and Untested

First Efforts

Moderately good

Basically then, you could find what quality you were looking for, if you were willing to test you could go to untried and untested, if you just wanted a really well done story, then you went to solid adventure's

I think we should do something similar.

Or at the least sticky a thread with a list of the quality custom stories
05-16-2011, 06:45 AM
Website Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65
RE: Custom Stories

I'd agree with creating the following forum categories:

Development zone
->Tutorials
->Custom Stories releases
->Projects

I agree with nothing else.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
05-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

That's not going to work - who would you want to judge what's "moderately good" or a "solid scenario"?
05-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Find
laser50 Offline

Threads: 22

I would not even want to listen to this. WHO the hell will decide that one Custom story is bad and the other good? It would just be retarded and unfair for the other Who made a "Bad Custom Story"
05-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

Who would be deciding what was good or bad in your scheme, Hunter of Shadows? Someone at Frictional? A weighted fan voting system? That kind of social tagging or judicial review takes a lot of effort to either do (judge) or program to be useful to the community (voting).
Although I do wish there was a more high tech web 2.0 style method of delivery for the custom stories.
05-16-2011, 08:15 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(05-16-2011, 08:15 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: Who would be deciding what was good or bad in your scheme, Hunter of Shadows? Someone at Frictional? A weighted fan voting system? That kind of social tagging or judicial review takes a lot of effort to either do (judge) or program to be useful to the community (voting).
Although I do wish there was a more high tech web 2.0 style method of delivery for the custom stories.

Interestingly enough, the point you just brought up is exactly why spiderweb does not have any other level besides untried custom stories and quality custom stories, that way there is no designation for 'bad'

I'm not suggesting that we decide that someone's custom story is good or bad, if it's supremely good, mark it as quality, if the maker of the custom story says it's their first custom story, then it goes to first efforts, if it hasn't been fully tested, or never tested, it goes to untried and untested
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2011, 11:09 PM by Hunter of Shadows.)
05-16-2011, 11:03 PM
Website Find