Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Hello I'm a modeller
Hermoor Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Hello I'm a modeller

Great reference for head, his eyes look a bit weird though. He look like the phantom of the big cats xD
[Image: fantomen-1-2011-85.jpg]
05-20-2011, 05:18 AM
Find
Droopy Offline

Threads: 5

[Image: Painting1.jpg]

Listen to the fear, maybe it's your friend.
05-20-2011, 02:07 PM
Find
MinisterOwl Offline

Threads: 0

Hahaha yeah. He looks like he's staring at a ball of yarn in great excitement. Twas a rush job - took 10 minutes. If you want, I can work a little harder on a real concept to use, but I figured you'd appreciate it if you could put your own artistic license in it, which is why I only did the head as well.

I had a... "really big brutish muscley skinned zombie jaguar" idea in mind. The story actually loosely ties to jaguars and aztec gods n shizz. The three horizontal stripes across its face are an homage to what Aztec renderings for this god look like so far, and the blood around the mouth is for scary factor. I didn't intend it to be a full-colored picture. For some reason I just did the blood like that.

I was telling Ru$$ last night that I am not sure if just 'a big cat' would do so well so get people motivated to run. The Bear in Condemned worked well, but I was kinda tossing that up to the ambiance and the dramatic lighting. If what you're running from in La Caza isn't particularly scary, I think Team Ninja-Samurai's game will lose something that will change the entire game quality. Of course, it's just my opinion and I'm used to be utterly wrong.

Either way, it's not a big deal what you end up doing, not like I'm making it sound here. I'm just going on and on. I believe we are simply stoked that you offered to help, and I'm sure we'll use whatever you come up with. I APPRECIATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NNG!!

Edit: I really really like your t-rex... A lot. =)
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2011, 02:52 PM by MinisterOwl.)
05-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Find
WatzUpzPeepz Offline

Threads: 12

Wow,its really generous of you to make models for who ever asks,If you dont mind I'm looking for a fluorescent light,it doesn't have to be a light source (I can add that in the editor) I added a picture below Shy

Attached Files
.bmp   untitled.bmp (Size: 76.55 KB / Downloads: 127)

05-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Find
Hermoor Offline

Ok here is a wip shot, I recon it's best to give him a standard jaguar shape first. Then make him scarier by maybe make him look starved like those dog images.
[Image: 92983460.png]

What about this, a rabies sick jaguar who has lost a lot of his weight and some of his fur due to lack of vitamins and proteins. This is what a rabies dog looks like, and he isn't even starving :p
[Image: rabies2.jpg]
Imagine how much white stuff would be around a starving HUNGRY cat...
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2011, 04:31 PM by Hermoor.)
05-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Find
MinisterOwl Offline

Threads: 0

Rabies are actually a logical idea, considering they'll still be going at the speed of the original bad guys (I think - up to Ru$$), which is what it is. Rabies makes things do that.

Looks fantastic so far! I'm excited to see what you come up with when you make a lack of fur. I'll be checking this thread probably once every half hour in eagerness and general lack of things for me to do today...
05-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Find
Hermoor Offline

Ok the base mesh is finished, took about 1 and a half hour. The head was the tricky part :p Anyway now it's time to starve him so he looks creepier. Then it's texturing time...
[Image: 97375998.png]
05-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

That's damn nice! And in 1 and a half hours? I hope you continue to assist amnesia custom story development, because the more the stories repeat themselves with the same monsters and stuff, the less scary it becomes...
05-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Find
Roenlond Offline

Threads: 3

Looks real cool, keep it up! Can't wait to see the final result Smile
05-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Find
Hermoor Offline

@WatzUpzPeepz
Here is your lamp, there are no lights in this image, the light underneath it is baked. So by default it is shining. You could maybe add some billboards underneath it to get a bit more atmosphere. Also do you want normal maps for it? It's currently just one texture...also the texture isn't perfect, have to admit I rushed it. You could edit it yourself if you want to Wink
[Image: lampn.png]
EDIT: If you want it to be unlit for whatever reason I could fix that...
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2011, 06:57 PM by Hermoor.)
05-20-2011, 06:50 PM
Find