Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My Custom Story! Memory Demo...
Jumpman Offline

Threads: 10

It's a demo called Memory.. You play 2 people... One make the story... and the other one try to see the story.. It's has timetravel, games, puzzels and more :) Try it out and give me some feedback :)

Download:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20367826/Memory_rar

Spoiler below!

One is some wrong spelling..
The box game should be more easy, no narrow spot :)

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2011, 03:34 PM by Jumpman.)
05-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

RE: My Custom Story! Memory Demo...

Meh.. I have never freaked out from something like you did without even scripting!
Spoiler below!
I got stuck at the little guy puzzle. I think I figured it out, but the box just didn't fit through the narrow spots. I tried to debug my way through but I fucked it up and decided to just exit...
And I didn't actually really get a clear insight on the story either, but I might continue playing this tomorrow. It was interesting concept after all!
I got to swim in WINE! big + from that
05-21-2011, 12:17 AM
Find
Jumpman Offline

Spoiler below!

Yees well the box game is just a fun thing I put in the game :P
and I know that it's trickey sometimes.. if I will make a full verson I will be sure to fix it :)

05-21-2011, 01:34 AM
Find
Jumpman Offline

I had to reupload the story becouse it was gone... But here it is!

I have also fixed some problems.

Spoiler below!

One is some wrong spelling..
The box game should be more easy, no narrow spot Smile

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2011, 03:32 PM by Jumpman.)
05-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

(05-26-2011, 03:32 PM)Jumpman Wrote:
Spoiler below!

The box game should be more easy, no narrow spot Smile

Easy you say? :u
Took me a long time to complete (the damned boxes are so clumsy...)

But yeah... I got stuck at a later spot, but I checked the maps out in level editor and I don't think I missed anything important. Gonna feedback on this spoiler
Spoiler below!
So yeah this started off as quite interesting, but after the box thing there was just no point in anything. I just ran around, triggered random scares which were all about grunts. It was weird when the comforting guitar music played while grunts hasted at me. I was able to gather everything but 2rods for the machinery, which you clearly just ripped from original The Dark Descent. Don't just copy paste things like that, in your map it was easy to see when your areas begun and frictionals work ends (details... details...), speaking of which.
Your maps lacked everything required for a good atmosphere: lighting, detailing and level design all need some work. The idea of playing 2 characters is kind of interesting though, if you can pull it off well (I didn't know which one I played when running around repairing the machinery).
If you can fix all the gliching areas and polish the levels up, this could be great
05-26-2011, 05:19 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Ok... so I played your map (not all of it) and MAN IS IT FRICKIN LONG... and its only a demo O.o

Now for the feedback:
Spoiler below!
-I liked it, but as Khyrpa said, you shouldn't just copy/paste the machine room from Amnesia and the same puzzles. You made some other rooms in there but still ...
-I found the secret room in the storage. But then you had to kill mee ... you little devil.
-I love how you used the miniature objects as decorations. That little Alexander on the shelf is just adorable (Im kidding, I threw rocks at him >Big Grin)
-I won the Box game! It was fun! I'm really glad you threw it in there. Too bad nothing happened D:
- There are some overlaping textures here and there, some holes in the walls, but hey, it's just a demo.
-I don't really get whi the grunts are there. Randomly throwing them in to scare me ( and they did a very good job at the upper storage area) isn't cool.

OVERALL it's a preety good custom story (very long too) with great potential, but I think you should find someone and cooperate togheter in making the full version.

I didn't finish it, since its too long for me to complete it in 1 sit Big Grin I got the trinity rod and made all the puzzles in the machine room. I guess After I repair the elevator, the demo will end.

Cheers! and wish you luck with this project!
05-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Website Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

(05-26-2011, 03:32 PM)Jumpman Wrote: I had to reupload the story becouse it was gone... But here it is!

I have also fixed some problems.

damn, link don"t works!
just load blink page and hanging..

please re-upload to mediafire,sendspace,dropzone, etc.
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2011, 07:58 PM by Dark Knight.)
05-26-2011, 07:53 PM
Find
Jumpman Offline

Okey, Thx for trying it out, I was not sure if people would like it or not.
Spoiler below!

The box game was just a wild try.. If it takes away the feeling and so on in the story I will remove it.. :P

And yes I ripped of the original amnesia machineroom.. and in a fullverson I will be sure to change it.. make a new puzzel.. I just fucked up everytime I tryed to do a puzzel so I got mad and just put in the original puzzel (But I sait that in the end).

If I will be working on a full verson, which I think I will.. I will (I think) be dubble as long as the demo..

I have seen in some other custom storys some effects I can make in mine which sould make the story a little more clearer.

And I know the story Is hard to keep up with.. I guess you just can guess what the story is about for now.. In a full verson you will understand everyting :)

But thx for the feedback :) I will be sure to make it from a good story to a GREAT story :)
Okey, Thx for trying it out, I was not sure if people would like it or not.
Spoiler below!

The box game was just a wild try.. If it takes away the feeling and so on in the story I will remove it.. :P

And yes I ripped of the original amnesia machineroom.. and in a fullverson I will be sure to change it.. make a new puzzel.. I just fucked up everytime I tryed to do a puzzel so I got mad and just put in the original puzzel (But I sait that in the end).

If I will be working on a full verson, which I think I will.. I will (I think) be dubble as long as the demo..

I have seen in some other custom storys some effects I can make in mine which sould make the story a little more clearer.

And I know the story Is hard to keep up with.. I guess you just can guess what the story is about for now.. In a full verson you will understand everyting :)

But thx for the feedback :) I will be sure to make it from a good story to a GREAT story :)
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2011, 04:42 AM by Jumpman.)
05-27-2011, 04:40 AM
Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0

I enjoyed playing through your story, the concept was interesting and the use of the penumbra creatures was unexpected but a nice touch. Shrinking down larger objects such as the fountain, iron maiden, closet etc. as decorations around the rooms was also very nice. The secret room was good until I read the note Tongue
The box mini game was quite annoying, I didn't finish it but it was still cool Big Grin

However there were some negative aspects in the story for me. The supply of oil was lacking, it could just be me wasting it in fear, I'm not sure Tongue
Copying the machine room from the original Amnesia story and adding a few rooms I thought was quite uninspired and dull. Some of the notes had some grammatical errors and the actual storyline didn't make much sense.

Overall, it was very good and I can't wait to see what else you do with it. Smile

[Image: 29069he.gif]
05-27-2011, 10:01 AM
Find
Jumpman Offline

If the link is not working try this one!

http://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php
Tenno: Allright Smile well the lacking of oil thing is something I can fix.. but there sould not be to much oil Tongue. I WILL change the machineroom to someting else.. another puzzel or someting Tongue

I will also fix the flashbacks more clearly.. so you really understand whats going on Smile.

I did not think that so many people would find the secret room(good job people) Tongue (I have to hide them better in full verson) Tongue hehe. I will probably remove the box game.. It was just a wild try to see what people think Tongue but I can see now it's to hard (with the boxes turning and fucking up things). And you loose the story a little. But in the full verson the story will make sense Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2011, 12:25 PM by Jumpman.)
05-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Find