Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Remember your newbie moments?
Frost Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Remember your newbie moments?

I ran out of oil/tinderboxes maybe three times in the first half of the game. When I started playing through the whole game again, I thought "HOW DID I MANAGE TO FAIL THIS HARD LAST TIME?"
05-23-2011, 12:48 AM
Find
Serena Offline

Threads: 2

Noobiest moment for me, first playthru - waking up in the cell after alexander's grunts have captured me, and assuming I had to wait for a script to trigger before moving on...... and then being consumed by the Shadow.

Phail2Explore Death lol
05-23-2011, 01:53 AM
Find
vcplz Offline

Threads: 3

the worst n00b moment i had was in the prison cell area when you are supposed to walk up stairs i decided to run up these and i pretty much made Daniel kiss the grunt that was waiting there and i ran as far as i could go in 3 seconds and he found me and I "had to carry on"
05-23-2011, 01:58 AM
Find
Xanatos Offline

Threads: 5

In the Sewers after I crept past the Brute, I approached the door and heard those all too familiar moans & squeaky footsteps too close for comfort. Instinctively I pressed myself up against the door on the hinge side, thinking if that creature comes any closer I can open the door (while hiding behind it) and wait for it to walk past. It then occured to me that it didn't make much sense to have the Brute spawn in front of me... *turns around* OH BLOOD OF CHRI-*blade to the face*

If fate frowns, we all perish.
Do not fear the darkness, but welcome its embrace.
05-23-2011, 05:53 AM
Find
Sergiy Offline

Threads: 1

Most of my noob moments were from penumbra.
Although I did have some in amnesia.
Spoiler below!
The morgue - Drilling someone's head?
The Cistern - I missed one valve, and didn't know what was wrong.
The fountain - There was a corpse/monstern lying in it... i never came near and kept watching it the whole time i was there.
05-23-2011, 06:36 AM
Find
Urrah Offline

Threads: 4

Got 2.

Spoiler below!
I'm primarily a console gamer (I feel a bit nervous admitting this on a pc game forum Tongue), and the few games I play on pc are usually tbs'. As such, my keyboard and mouse skills are very clunky, and this made my first encounter with the water monster complete hell. I kept missing jumps, and I was only able to proceed through the section after I was killed and the monster disappeared.

My lack of coordination with the mouse and keyboard is further demonstrated in the sewer when you have to sneak past the brute. As I was setting up to throw the rock I accidently dropped it, but it didn't make a particularly loud splash in the water so I figured the brute hadn't heard it. I looked down to pick up the rock, looked back up again, and I think you can guess who was standing in front of me.
05-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Find
Xanatos Offline

Threads: 5

(05-23-2011, 10:05 AM)Urrah Wrote: I looked down to pick up the rock, looked back up again, and I think you can guess who was standing in front of me.

Agrippa? Tom Redwood? Clarence? George Ripley? Count Dracula? Lynch?

If fate frowns, we all perish.
Do not fear the darkness, but welcome its embrace.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2011, 10:40 AM by Xanatos.)
05-23-2011, 10:39 AM
Find
Urrah Offline

Threads: 4

(05-23-2011, 10:39 AM)Xanatos Wrote:
(05-23-2011, 10:05 AM)Urrah Wrote: I looked down to pick up the rock, looked back up again, and I think you can guess who was standing in front of me.

Close, it was Santa Claus Confused
05-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Find
Serena Offline

Threads: 2

(05-23-2011, 11:00 AM)Urrah Wrote:
(05-23-2011, 10:39 AM)Xanatos Wrote:

Close, it was Santa Claus Confused

You mean Santa CLAWS!
05-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(05-23-2011, 05:53 AM)Xanatos Wrote: In the Sewers after I crept past the Brute, I approached the door and heard those all too familiar moans & squeaky footsteps too close for comfort. Instinctively I pressed myself up against the door on the hinge side, thinking if that creature comes any closer I can open the door (while hiding behind it) and wait for it to walk past. It then occured to me that it didn't make much sense to have the Brute spawn in front of me... *turns around* OH BLOOD OF CHRI-*blade to the face*

lol wend i was in the sewers and opened that door... i listened those sounds... i just keept pressinh ESC OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO TRY TO SEE WERE THE MONSTER WAS xD i was so scared!!!... then he killed me... and then i saw (God i love english (Saw? get it?)) this guy reaction(go to 09:26 so you don't waste you time Wink http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13qmtm3Yv...ideo_title ... and then i loled Big Grin
05-23-2011, 06:42 PM
Website Find