Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making Player Walk (Please Help Me) The Labyrinth?
Simpanra Offline

Threads: 28
Making Player Walk (Please Help Me) The Labyrinth?

Ok, so i know a lot of people will say use the script function "MovePlayerForward" but i don't want to do that, some people still don't have justine and i want my map to work for all,

So, does anybody know an alternate way of making the player walk (this will only be for a few small snippets, similar to the intro to ATDD where it fades in and out, except i want the player to be walking when it fades in =)

I have seen something like this done in two other maps, though one of them was a beta test so i can't mention it, the other was in The Labyrinth =)

I really would like to know how to do this =)

Thank you ^_^

Edd,
05-23-2011, 07:55 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
RE: Making Player Walk (Please Help Me) The Labyrinth?

Justine was released for everyone that bought Amnesia a few days ago, so the MovePlayerForward will work for everyone that downloads your story.

BTW, I really liked The Labyrinth. Smile

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
05-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Find
Simpanra Offline

I know =) thank you, but still not everyone has it, and i want to ensure my map works for literally everyone, so thank you again, but i would much rather find an alternate way, and seeing as i know it is possible, i would really like to know how ^_^

Edd,
05-23-2011, 08:02 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Not everyone??? Do you mean the people that didn't update to 1.2? Well, I guess their lose.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
05-23-2011, 08:06 PM
Find
Simpanra Offline

yeah =) but some peoples computers cant manage it, other people have troubles downloading, I just want to be universal ^_^
05-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Oh. Never even thought of that Dx. Maybe check the Rainy Halls script file?? And see if you can find it...

05-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Find
Simpanra Offline

You don't walk automatically in the rainy halls map =/ That is player controlled
05-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

There is a way! But it is not totally efficient, but with some workaround it may work depending on how good you can script. Note: It's not efficient at all.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2011, 08:18 PM by nemesis567.)
05-23-2011, 08:15 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

(05-23-2011, 08:13 PM)Simpanra Wrote: You don't walk automatically in the rainy halls map =/ That is player controlled

Really? When I played it Daniel was moving by himself. I never set hand on my mouse or keyboard. Strange.

05-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Find
Simpanra Offline

Really? how odd...i could swear i had to control him, and many walk throughs i have watched they just stood still cos they didn't know you could walk
05-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Find