Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diary problem and Main Menu problem...
SLAMnesia Offline

Threads: 39
Bug  Diary problem and Main Menu problem...

First problem:
1) I've been looking around and can't find any tutorial on how to make Diaries. I tried making the script identical to the Note script in .lang file but with no success:
<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Diary_sallumdiary_Name">diary title</Entry>
<Entry Name="Diary_sallumdiary_Text">text goes here</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
sallumdiary being the name of the diary in the editor.

Second problem:
2) I know how to make a custom Main Menu background and I've achieved so, but I want my background to be that one scenic room in Study (pic attached). So I copied pasted the right file and edited out the rest of study for less loading time and made a PlayerStart area named CameraPos. The main menu shows what appears to be only Particle Systems.

.jpg   Capture.JPG (Size: 39.97 KB / Downloads: 109)

Any advice or help is always greatly appreciated Smile
05-26-2011, 01:35 AM
Find
triadtimes Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Diary problem and Main Menu problem...

Your first problem was answered awhile ago, here's the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnCAbgTY6d8

05-26-2011, 01:47 AM
Find
Simpanra Offline

Threads: 28
RE: Diary problem and Main Menu problem...

Ok, how to mend the study problem, select every item in the study (yes this will take a while, but do it) and then when they are all selected go to "File" and click Export Object or Export as Obj or something along those lines =) save it somewhere you will remember and then go into the original bg_menu.map and click "file" and then "import obj". Import the object you made and place it where you like ^_^

Done =)

HUGE SIDE NOTE!!!!! do not delete the old bg_menu.map as it has a wierd playerstartarea which acts as the camera. Only ever edit THAT map, don't replace it.

Good luck =)

Edd,
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2011, 08:10 AM by Simpanra.)
05-26-2011, 08:09 AM
Find