Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Spoiler What´s you fate?
betafotball Offline

Threads: 1
What´s you fate?

Everyone who played through Amneisa know about the Transept and Choir. And inside the horrible toture equipment in those rooms. We got Strappado, the Judas Cradle, and the Saw in the Transept and in the Choir a iron maiden, a torture wheel and a brazen bull.
If you have to decide your death by one of these things which one would you take?

Edit: Sessika pointed out that the Strappado dosen´t kill you and therefore it shall not be discussed any more.

My name is Legion, for we are many
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2011, 02:55 PM by betafotball.)
05-26-2011, 12:02 PM
Find
Modular100 Offline

Threads: 5
RE: What´s you fate?

Definitely the Iron Maiden, I'd crush my skull against the spikes pretty quick to get out of my misery... This thread made me shiver imagining all the possible, awful, deaths.

05-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Find
Serena Offline

Threads: 2

The Bull would probably be the fastest death, next to the Iron Maiden. The advantage of the Bull over the maiden imo would be that you didnt have to actively kill yourself to end it......
05-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

You have no idea of the resistence of the human body to harm. In the Iron Maiden you would need much more than crush your skull to kill yourself. The Bull would take some time as well, cooking alive is not exactly fast, it's the exact opposite.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
05-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Find
betafotball Offline

(05-26-2011, 12:47 PM)Serena Wrote: The Bull would probably be the fastest death, next to the Iron Maiden. The advantage of the Bull over the maiden imo would be that you didnt have to actively kill yourself to end it......

I think the bull is one of the most painful though. You know the part when you get roasted like a pig inside an oven but your alive. But they are all awful in there own way.
(05-26-2011, 12:41 PM)Modular100 Wrote: Definitely the Iron Maiden, I'd crush my skull against the spikes pretty quick to get out of my misery... This thread made me shiver imagining all the possible, awful, deaths.

If you are lucky the spikes in the iron maiden kills fast. But if your unlucky I have a feeling it will take some time.

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2011, 03:25 PM by betafotball.)
05-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Find
Sessika Offline

Threads: 0

How morbid.
But anyway, the maiden seems to be the only one where you have some semblance of control. It would be hard work and take one hell of a lot of willpower to do it but I suppose it might be possible to push yourself hard enough into the spikes to pierce an important organ or open an artery or vein. It would still be a long and painful death waiting to bleed out and you'd have to somehow force yourself to do it in the first place. Everything else, it's up to your torturer how long you suffer for, the maiden at least you can try to make things end quicker. Note 'try'. They could still pull you out and patch you up if they wanted to, just to start all over again. Maybe that hope for control is just a part of it's design.
05-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Find
betafotball Offline

(05-26-2011, 06:38 PM)Sessika Wrote: How morbid.
But anyway, the maiden seems to be the only one where you have some semblance of control. It would be hard work and take one hell of a lot of willpower to do it but I suppose it might be possible to push yourself hard enough into the spikes to pierce an important organ or open an artery or vein. It would still be a long and painful death waiting to bleed out and you'd have to somehow force yourself to do it in the first place. Everything else, it's up to your torturer how long you suffer for, the maiden at least you can try to make things end quicker. Note 'try'. They could still pull you out and patch you up if they wanted to, just to start all over again. Maybe that hope for control is just a part of it's design.

Totally agree with you, this is morbid but also kind of intresting to see how different everyone thinks about death and what real pain is. Big reason for the opening of this thread was that I can´t decide what I would take myself. Not the saw nor bull though. But as I said to some other guy they are all awful and horrible in there own way.

05-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

They all suck ass

But I'm gonna have to say, definitely NEVER, the Judas Cradle, just thinking of that gives me the shivers.

You guys think the Iron Maiden is the best, but as someone pointed out, the human body is very resilient, and to will yourself to jab yourself on a spike would be very hard, the instinct to avoid harm to one's self is very strong.

05-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Website Find
laser50 Offline

Threads: 22

I would pick the Iron maiden and try to take open my veins. And then it's a matter of hope.
05-26-2011, 09:33 PM
Find
betafotball Offline

(05-26-2011, 09:33 PM)laser50 Wrote: I would pick the Iron maiden and try to take open my veins. And then it's a matter of hope.

Problem is that even if you rip up more then one vien it would take time. And it will hurt badly.
(05-26-2011, 09:27 PM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: They all suck ass

But I'm gonna have to say, definitely NEVER, the Judas Cradle, just thinking of that gives me the shivers.

You guys think the Iron Maiden is the best, but as someone pointed out, the human body is very resilient, and to will yourself to jab yourself on a spike would be very hard, the instinct to avoid harm to one's self is very strong.

Yeah they sure suck. I would definitely not take the bull. A couple of reasons why:
1. The claustrophobia and panic from not knowing what is going to happen.
2. Feel the heat spread in the brass and get panic from that and fight like a fool to get out.
3. Your skin starts to get fried and you try to avoid the heated brass even though it´s impossible.
4. Your organs and blood starts to boil.
5. Realise that it is hopeless.
6. Die a agony and pain filled death

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2011, 04:59 PM by betafotball.)
05-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Find