Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A Risky Idea
Funman Offline

Threads: 10
A Risky Idea

Here's a daring idea for people who like doing things like this:

I want to see someone get the attention of the first monster in storage (the one that appears after you pick up the drill part), put together the drill, and create the explosive, while the whole time the monster is still following you. Then I want you to detonate the explosive while the monster is down near the pile of rocks to "kill" him. Of course it wouldn't actually do anything, and this would be near impossible to do, but it would still be fun to see. Anyone interested?
06-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Find
Darkchef Offline

Threads: 8
RE: A Risky Idea

(06-02-2011, 05:15 PM)Funman Wrote: Here's a daring idea for people who like doing things like this:

I want to see someone get the attention of the first monster in storage (the one that appears after you pick up the drill part), put together the drill, and create the explosive, while the whole time the monster is still following you. Then I want you to detonate the explosive while the monster is down near the pile of rocks to "kill" him. Of course it wouldn't actually do anything, and this would be near impossible to do, but it would still be fun to see. Anyone interested?

This seems rather pointless Tongue ...and for that reason, i'm out...
06-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Website Find
Frost Offline

Threads: 8

That sounds like fun. I'd love to see a video of it. I wonder if the grunt would have the "knocked back" animation when it explodes, like when you hit it with a barrel.

However, my balls are not big enough to do it myself.
06-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Find
Droopy Offline

Threads: 5

sounds like fun, i might try this

Listen to the fear, maybe it's your friend.
06-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

I don't know if it's possible to have him chasing you the whole time, since he's faster than you, but it's likely possible to keep re-catching his eye while doing portions of the track, losing him, then letting him find you again.
06-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Also, it's not possible at all to kill monsters. You can have certain triggers dissolve them, but they have to be scripted into the level.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
06-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Website Find
SNightmare Offline

Threads: 0

Is this even possible? I would have to have the first two pieces, trigger monster, run like hell, slowly drill the first barrel, slowly fill the pot, run to the next barrel, slowly fill drill through it, slowly fill up the pot, wonder why the hell I'm not dead yet if and ONLY if I'm still alive at that point, run like hell to the cave-in, drop the pot quickly, grab a rock and throw like there's no tomorrow, run around the blast zone since the monster most likely won't stay there if I'm not there, and probably end up dying in the blast.

Don't get me wrong; I'm going to try just to see if it's possible, but I won't be filming it. Will post results as soon as I try it.

EDIT: The monster doesn't give up the chase for some reason. I ran out of time tonight since it's 3am now, but I can try hitching a ride on him tomorrow, if they can be ridden down stairs. The problem would be that they only give 4 laudanums at that point in the game.

EDIT EDIT: Tried riding, and fell off. Not trying again, since we were obviously not supposed to get a monster there, meaning it most likely won't kill him.
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2011, 07:00 PM by SNightmare.)
06-04-2011, 06:44 AM
Find