Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Anti-Gay Concentration Camps
Xss Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Anti-Gay Concentration Camps

Quote:A few people are uncomfortable about the gays, so we can involve our own damn government to prevent them from living their life, yet when it comes to money and gun it's paws off! Biggest double standard...

The idea behind "live and let live" is a completely foreign concept to some people, and they'll rather go for the "live and make my best to avoid other people from living". I wonder how many LBGTs go through a great deal of trouble in their everyday life: you can't get married, you can't share taxes, you can't join the army and protect your country...Having kids? No way! The kid will turn gay/bi/pedophile "facepalm".
All those people against gay rights will do everything they can so they little lives are not changed, but at the same time will put as much effort at destroying other people's life: for the greater good? Give me a break: it they could kill any gay out there without getting in trouble they'll go for it. Will LBGT rights change the life of religious conservative? Of course not, they won't lose anything: they'll continue getting married, having kids, and going to their church. They have nothing to fear, so why the heck do they put their nose on what is obviously NONE of their business?
I think many of the "pro family arguments" they throw here and there are pure hypocrisy (well, not of them...I guess there are still some people who are not driven by pure hate): a good deal of them take a nasty pleasure at seeing the LBGT community (or ANY other community that is not like them: "hey, let's bash on Muslims for a change!") being denied basic citizens rights...While asking them to have the same amount of duty than any other citizens. Sorry, but if I am treated as a low level citizen, then why the heck should I pay as much taxes as the guys who are trying their best to screw with my life? I ain't giving my money to the society is society is being an obvious b*tch with me XP

All those anti-gay douches, the KKK, and the millions of other haters make me loose hope on humanity: all I see is a bunch of humans feeding on hate and other people's suffering, and then raising their kids so they will destroy lives as well.
The proof that human beings are animals that are trying to live in societies with social interactions while it might be the opposite of our more basic instincts. We can't go beyond our fear of the unkown.
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2011, 11:06 PM by Xss.)
05-30-2011, 10:59 PM
Find
Redeemer Offline

Threads: 2

To be quite honest, I believe both the republican and democratic parties are corrupt. The only reason I typically vote republican is because in my mind, they are the "lesser of evils." Before anyone tells me how dumb I am for saying that, let me just say that these are all very subjective issues and that arguments for or against these different beliefs are pointless. That said...

Quote:
Quote:I mean, come on, the two years these kids spend in camp doesn't even change their feelings of homosexuality. Even if you do believe it's your job to correct these kids, wouldn't you find a more effective way of doing it?

No, there are no effective ways of changing one's sexuality. It is not a choice, cannot be changed, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with not being sexually normal. It harms absolutely no one any more than being straight would. We all love equally and can spread the same STDs no matter who we get in bet with (you know, if we have any). Any asshole who tries to change (merely repress) a child's sexuality because his stupid religion shuns it should be put in jail.
Why are you suddenly attacking me? I fired at the aforementioned abusers, not you. And like I said, that's just your opinion; you have nothing to back that belief up besides what actual gays have said, just like I have nothing to back up the belief that homosexuality immoral.

Quote:Rapid brainwashing through severe trauma is the fastest way to change someone's mind. This is the most efficient way.
Exactly my point. This is the most effective way, but it still produces terrible results. Therefore, don't even bother trying!

Quote:Chiming in with claims of homosexuality being wrong is your right, but in this thread it's in very bad taste.
I agree. Actually this is why I didn't say anything until Gandalf spoke up, but I guess now would be a good time to shut up.

I hope we can all see that none of us are abusing anyone. IMO the personal attacks need to stop here, and any arguments that don't pertain to an objective issue need to stop as well.

EDIT: Let me just say one more thing before I leave this thread:

The majority of the internet is "occupied" by people who share the same beliefs as you all. Needless to say I've been in a few "war of words" with people like you guys and I've learned a thing or two about how pointless they are (that is, the arguments, not the people). So here's a few reasons why this argument shouldn't continue:

1. As I said before, these are subjective issues. Anyone can believe anything about these issues and no one can prove them wrong, so why bother wasting time and energy arguing about these things?

2. We can't convince each other of anything. Even if one side "wins" the argument, we are all so grounded in our beliefs that there is no possible way that we will change our minds on anything. So, once again, why even bother arguing?

3. These arguments unnecessarily bitter relations between users. We spend a lot of time arguing, fighting, and bickering over these subjects, and the only substantial result of it all is the bitterness that has now grown between us. Regardless of our base assumptions of the Way Things Work, this is a video game forum, and we can surely find things to talk about without calling each other douchebags and assholes.

Thank you.

EDIT2: I realize I must look really stupid for coming back again, but whenever I get into arguments like these I'm always reminded of Bill Waterson's wonderful Calvin&Hobbes strip that approaches these matters from a very silly perspective. You can see the strip I am referring to here. Hopefully reading that will calm some of you guys down.

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2011, 03:27 AM by Redeemer.)
05-31-2011, 02:22 AM
Website Find
Xss Offline

Quote:that's just your opinion; you have nothing to back that belief up besides what actual gays have said
Does that mean what gays say is rather pointless? Because there is nothing to "back up that belief..."?
Sorry pal, I haven't chose my sexuality (Straight? Bi? Homo? I won't say it here, you are free to think whatever you want), nor what turns me on, fetishes, whatever, etc, all I know is that I was the same way when I was a kid: I know it, I recall it...Well, I know what I will hear now: "You don't have any material and cientific proof, so hush".

Quote:Anyone can believe anything about these issues and no one can prove them wrong, so why bother wasting time and energy arguing about these things?
If it was so simply it would be the perfect world, but wrong: it is not. Simply because while some of use might simply waste our time arguing about what we "believe", there are people out there that decides to put their "beliefs" into action...And they dictate the lives of some other people through laws, rules, etc...Many might just state their opinion: "I don't like gays", the same way others might say "I don't like weapons", etc. But many won't stop there. You might have not voted for proposition 8, but others decided to: their lives didn't change from day to night, but they sure had plenty of parties after ruining the lives of some persons. All of that because those persons are not turned on by what is considered the norm: how the frick did we come up to screw up people's live because of something that simple?
You might tell me it is the right of people to vote for laws in a democracy: true, but untill what point do you have the freedom to vote for a law that will not change anything for you, but will definitly screw up those of other persons?
It is not like voting for the next health care system, or what to do with thieves, murderers, where everyone is kinda on the same boat because it applies to everyone. It is literally throwing torpedos at the closest boat to slow it down because you don't like its color. Some countries decided that, whatever color the boat is, it has the same right as the others to go down the river we all ended up on (because, here are some news: we haven't decided to go down that freaking river, only to reach one day our own "final-waterfall-of-eternal-doom". Neither have we decided to be surrounded by boats that will fire at us and at each other for any stupid reason they can find, transforming the river in the "torrent-of-doom-and-destruction" where the last option for some people is to simply survive). Guess what? It didn't change the lives of straight persons who already had access to those rights (at worst they just ended up more full of hate).
I am a gun hater. I trully believe that carrying weapons is creating more trouble than salving problems and I blame laws tolerating it for all the shootings that happened in schools in the past years. It is something way more important that gay rights. Still, I am not going to mess up with the lives of those who want to carry a shotgun to the supermarket, as long as they don't force me to do so: I'll simply continue going on, not carrying weapons.
I hate religions, I truly believe they are the cause of more than half of the world problems, and I will do my best so my kids won't be forced to worship anything at school. Still, I am equally pissed when some people start screaming that in a secular society person's of faith shouldn't be allowed to show their religion and hide it in their closet.
I try to live and let live. It is not an easy balance, it never is. But as I said, many will prefer the alternative: "live and do my best to not allow other persons to live".
05-31-2011, 03:35 AM
Find
Redeemer Offline

Threads: 2

I see you ignored what I said about this being a video game community. I'm not here to argue over whether or not being gay is unethical. The source of war is founded on differences of belief, that is the way the world works, but that is not the way this forum should work.

For the last time, this is a video game forum and should be treated as such. The only thing I said was that I believe gays are immoral; I then talked about the universally shared opinion that abuse is bad. That's when you people then flew off the handle and bit my head off for the former statement, completely disregarding our common ideological ground.

HollowLeviathan was right when he said I shouldn't have said anything. It certainly has brewed a storm. Geez, for a people who shout and scream of "tolerance" you guys sure are volatile.

05-31-2011, 04:10 AM
Website Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

We are in the non-gaming subforum. We can talk about what our favorite varieties of scented candles are here.

Anyway, the reason why I'm being so argumentative about this (also, argument is healthy) is because I am gay and this subject really hits close to home to me.

I don't think that your argument about proof is valid.
You have no proof that homosexuality is immoral, yet you believe it is. The most you can probably muster (though I have no idea how much you care about the following things) is probably that gay people are slightly more prone to transmitting STDs due to the fragile nature of the bumbum, and that gay people cannot actually genetically produce babies.
Meanwhile I have plenty of firsthand experience to say that it is completely okay to be gay. I am gay, but I can't think of one negative personality trait of mine that has anything to do with me liking men. I am completely harmless and will never harm another human being unless I am defending myself from some sort of physical attack.
You may be afraid of the idea that (I'm counting on) I might have hot sex with a man someday. At the same time, I am absolutely disgusted by vagina and the idea of you having sex with a woman disturbs me. That doesn't make it wrong in any way for you to sexually express yourself. The fact is that we're both capable of loving our partners in consensual relationships regardless of who they are. In fact, I'd bet you money that I can love better than you can!

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
05-31-2011, 04:44 AM
Website Find
Xss Offline

Quote:I see you ignored what I said about this being a video game community
Non sense: since when this being a videogame community has to do with not talking about certain topics? What about members in here who happen to be gay, like Lee? Oh, I am simply going to pick a guess: it's so easy to muzzle people like them, but only after throwing one or two spikes. If you are moderator then close this thread, what are you waiting for?
You're talking about ignoring posts, I also see you completely ignored mine about trying to "live and let live". You could have simply answered that you shared that belief, that while you think homosexuality is immoral (whatever that might mean) you let them live their life, and ask them to let you live yours (I am pretty aware of the heterofobia sadly going on sometimes in the LBGT community: don't think this is making me happy). End of the story, peace and love, and that's it. Since now you try to hide behind the "this is no place to talk about this", what can I conclude? That you are another one who prefers "sinking the ships that are different from yours"? I'll go for that explanation Sleepy

Quote:Geez, for a people who shout and scream of "tolerance" you guys sure are volatile.
Read my posts again: while my last post was rather heated, when was I being intolerant? Please quote me.

Quote:In fact, I'd bet you money that I can love better than you can!
While I understand you could be infuriated, you are just proving him right by saying this.
05-31-2011, 06:42 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(05-31-2011, 06:42 AM)Xss Wrote:
While I understand you could be infuriated, you are just proving him right by saying this.

Not sure what you mean. I was making a small joke.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
05-31-2011, 11:01 AM
Website Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Try to lay low your heated thoughts please. Everyone is free to express their thoughts, however please don't go personal on people in offending way. In fact we are all here means whatever religion we (don't) believe, whoever, wherever from we are doesn't change we can like same things.

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2011, 11:14 AM by Tanshaydar.)
05-31-2011, 11:14 AM
Website Find
Xss Offline

Quote:Not sure what you mean. I was making a small joke.
Okay, though I am not really sure it is advised those kind of jokes on topics like this one: if one misses the jokes, then it sounds rather harsh.
The thing is Redeemer said "Geez, for a people who shout and scream of "tolerance" you guys sure are volatile" and then, even if it was a joke, you proved him right Confused. While we clearly disagree on this topic we should try not to throw spikes at him. "live and let live", I won't go and sink his boat...
05-31-2011, 05:13 PM
Find
Gharren Offline

Threads: 1

(05-31-2011, 06:42 AM)Xss Wrote:

I think that was meant as a hyperbole.

I'm a werewolf. Meow.
-----------
The Beauty of Nature.
-----------
05-31-2011, 07:57 PM
Website Find