Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Most beautiful part/area?
dragonmaster Offline

Threads: 17
Most beautiful part/area?

Heya all
Been a while since I completed Amnesia, over half a year. Yet it still feels like yesterday!

Amnesia in my opinion is a game with great environment designs, and plus, great use of color and lighting to complement that. I am now wondering each persons opinion on this; What do you feel is the most beautiful part of Amnesia, not story wise, but Environment wise? Anything in particular that stood out to you?

Spoiler tags are a must. I'll post mine after others post theirs.

-D

I like horror games but not the ones that give u nightmares :P
But i like the ones that give you an urge to open every door and drawer that you see for a month :D
06-02-2011, 06:26 AM
Find
CrushedRaiD Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Most beautiful part/area?

I would say.. The back hall, if i got the name right :d
It rly managed to calm down my nerves <3
06-02-2011, 08:33 AM
Find
Frost Offline

Threads: 8

Spoiler tags? 'kay.

Spoiler below!
The back hall is an obvious answer. Being greeted with the beautiful music in that area after running away from the Kaernk... yup.

Spoiler below!
The cistern entrance. It kinda had the same effect on me as the back hall--going from the frustrating prison maze to a well-lit open area was much appreciated.

Spoiler below!
I also really liked the transept (minus the torture rooms). Although it was still quite eerie, I loved its lighting.

Spoiler below!
Aaaand I don't know if this is super on topic, but I've been wondering how the choir would look if it didn't have the red mist, brutes, and broken pillars. I'm not good enough with the editor to do it myself, haha.
06-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13

Spoiler below!

CHANCEEEEEEEL was A.W.E.S.O.M.E.! 2nd place belongs to the Transept, 3rd to the Back Hall.
Area that let me down the most was the Orb Chamber......it was way too small.

06-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Find
Serena Offline

Threads: 2

It might say something about me, but I found the Transept (including its torture rooms) to be the most striking and/or stunning area for me. Beautiful? For me, yeah maybe a lil bit... >_>
06-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Find
Leu Radu Offline

Threads: 1

Now that I think about it, I can't really piece together many of the areas I've visited. I was probably too shocked when I played to enjoy the beautiful environment. Anyway, ...
Spoiler below!
the prison part certainly was very special for me. Not really beautiful... let's just say: beautifully mind-twisting. Felt like a maze. The only safe places were the eerie, small, claustrophobic, usually dark cells. All those cells and grates gave me the feeling that I was never going to find a way out of my situation.
06-02-2011, 09:12 PM
Find
Brennenburg Offline

Threads: 9

Most beautiful area you say?

Spoiler below!
Sewer.

[Image: TRcp2.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2011, 03:15 AM by Brennenburg.)
06-03-2011, 03:07 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(06-03-2011, 03:07 AM)Brennenburg Wrote: Most beautiful area you say?

Spoiler below!
Sewer.

lol I agree, considering how many video games I've played with bland or just plain annoying sewer levels, FG did a damn good job of making one that's...

Eye candy
06-03-2011, 03:27 AM
Website Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Spoiler below!
The storage, particularly the room with two meat closets and the counter in the middle. The single overhead window scattering moonlight throughout the entire room was gorgeous.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
06-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Website Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(06-03-2011, 08:14 PM)Lee Wrote:
Spoiler below!
The storage, particularly the room with two meat closets and the counter in the middle. The single overhead window scattering moonlight throughout the entire room was gorgeous.

Lul most people are too scared to notice
06-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Website Find