Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Most beautiful part/area?
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: Most beautiful part/area?

Cistern

I love the music there.
But all parts are good. Love the music in Back Hall too.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2011, 09:48 PM by Googolplex.)
06-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

Back Hall
..might get the slight "unfair" advantage since it's one of the only ones you actually have the time (and peace of mind) to pause and thoroughly observe.
And as funny as it sounds, I would also agree with the sewers to some extent. Mainly the screenshots from the area turned out great for me.

I'm liking the idea of this thread by the way. Smile
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2011, 05:53 AM by gandalf91.)
06-04-2011, 05:52 AM
Find
Procurator Offline

Threads: 0

Aside from the backhall, I would say the rainy hallway. It's like a calm before the storm kind of place.
06-04-2011, 06:13 AM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

Or calm during the storm (from a literal perspective). Tongue
06-04-2011, 06:16 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

The place Agrippa took me filled me with peace and contentment.
06-04-2011, 06:23 AM
Find
SNightmare Offline

My favorites:

Spoiler below!
The cut scene after breaking free from the Cells and picking up the note next to the well. I love that village scene because of the moonlight and shadows. I loved the little bushes/grass, the houses, and the gate, but the water pump was a great touch. I loved that scene the best.

Spoiler below!
Second best? The Archives room in the Back Hall. I loved the broken window and the dog torture roombecause of the details, but I loved the freedom and change of perspective (I get to watch the world from above for once) on the ledge.

Spoiler below!
The door in the Storage that had the monster behind it was also great. The moonlight is shining on it, and you can see great details on everything there. It's just a peaceful view in general, up until you fling it open and run in fear at the noise.

Spoiler below!
The Cistern Entrace is great, and I LOVED the stairs to the Sewers there. The flooded stairs were wonderfully relaxing, as soon as I realized there were no water monsters nearby.

Spoiler below!
I also loved the Cistern's peaceful water layout, paired with the crumbled stone and the giant box. I like it better when the torches aren't lit, but even when it is, it's wonderful.

Spoiler below!
Finally, the machinery next to Agrippa, above the table. I thought the trap door was clever, and the swinging lamp was a brilliant idea.
06-04-2011, 06:33 AM
Find
dragonmaster Offline

Threads: 17

Spoiler below!
First favorite was probably that intersection area, between the prison and sewers. The light shining in from above on to the somewhat aged stones felt so... Smooth. Somewhat serene yet haunting.

Spoiler below!
Second favorite was definitely the area in the Agrippa ending. It was so simple yet so beautiful

I like horror games but not the ones that give u nightmares :P
But i like the ones that give you an urge to open every door and drawer that you see for a month :D
06-06-2011, 02:35 AM
Find
DarkLordIggy Offline

Spoiler below!
The Back Hall, much of the livable part of the castle (with the huge windows and whatnot), the place where you start.

By, the way,
Spoiler below!
link to an image/vid of this "Agrippa ending area"? I only remember getting murdered by the Shadow, and then seeing just black while Agrippa talked.

[Image: sig.png]
06-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Find
Modular100 Offline

Threads: 5

Spoiler below!
Cistern, definitely... It's such a peaceful and calm place, and the music really fits the place. The lighting is really smooth and bounces beautifully off of the stone walls.

Also...

Spoiler below!
The back hall and the storage are wonderful areas. The first because it's so peaceful and detailed, and the latter because it's raw fear-injected areas. We don't have to talk about my rection to the monster noticing me (locked up in a room Dodgy)

06-16-2011, 07:43 PM
Find
BoggyB Offline

I love the entire game and kudos to Frictional for a truly unmatched survival horror experience. I love the engine, the graphics, the story - NAILED it, guys. In Penumbra too. The areas/things I definitely find the most beautiful are:

Spoiler below!
The fountain in the Back Hall. Very surreal and beautiful - I spent about 4 minutes just staring at it from different angles.

Spoiler below!
The Study and one of the rooms in the Archives - the unlit one with the windows. Very nice, would be awesome to have a library like that. Also, the guest room cause it's so well lit for a change.

Spoiler below!
The underground temple area.
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2011, 09:08 PM by BoggyB.)
06-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Find