Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I am going to make a real life horror aventure with friends! need help for scares!
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
I am going to make a real life horror aventure with friends! need help for scares!

Hi! i am going to scare the hell out of some friends in a abandoned house of the nineteenth century! near of the restaurant of a uncle of mine. the house haves four floors, many (at leats 4 to 6) living rooms and at least it haves 7 bed rooms... by the look of the intirior it riminds me very much Amnesia the dark descent so that kind gave me the idea to share this here at the forum...

so! my idea is that two cousins of mine and a friend (that know of the "horror" thats is comeing), invite some friends to spend a scary night at the abandoned house, to have a smal party end of school year... but the invited friends don't know that i am there hidden inside the house... wearing black cloths and a creapy white mask similar to this one [Image: blank-female-mask.jpg] ....

I have been thinking of useing fake blood sometimes to write some creapy poems Big Grin and some times pass near some one in the dark to sacre the crap out of them xD... oh and i am going to lock all the exits of the house and turn off the electric table...(what? google translator made some weird word comination lol... well whatever xD its the thing wend turned off all the house's lights will go bye bye) so ya... about it for know

so what i am asking here is does eny one know about some good scares? that i could maybe use? don't forget 3 of the maybe 5 more know about the scares, and non of those five know i am there... until its to late (Buahahahahaha) oh and also don't forget this is real life so i obviosly can't make a grunt or a infected to spawn white a script (LOLOLOLOL) so eny good ideas Big Grin?
06-06-2011, 01:51 AM
Website Find
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34
RE: I am going to make a real life horror aventure with friends! need help for scares!

1. Start off slow. A bump here, a creak there...
2. Cut the power at one point. The room with the breaker box should have blood writing on the wall but so they can only see it when they turn on the lights.
3. Make sure they're not packing heat... or knives or anything. Don't want to get yourself killed over a little prank.
4. Make sure you document it in some way! I want to hear all about it! (night shot video cameras ftw!)
06-06-2011, 03:05 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
RE: I am going to make a real life horror aventure with friends! need help for scares!

(06-06-2011, 03:05 AM)GraphicsKid Wrote: 1. Start off slow. A bump here, a creak there...
2. Cut the power at one point. The room with the breaker box should have blood writing on the wall but so they can only see it when they turn on the lights.
3. Make sure they're not packing heat... or knives or anything. Don't want to get yourself killed over a little prank.
4. Make sure you document it in some way! I want to hear all about it! (night shot video cameras ftw!)

Ya! i was thinking of it! God damn blair witch project ftw!!! but i still need to talk whit the others about that... cameras would be strange in some way because well i don't maybe it would cut the atmosphere for them or somethig... but still its a GOD DAMN GOOD IDEA!!! and iff it all goes well i'll shore show it here! (well depends iff the others allow it... because i don't want to share their reactions if they don't let me Tongue)
06-06-2011, 03:38 AM
Website Find
WatzUpzPeepz Offline

Threads: 12

You could play some monster noises or scary noises,also use fishing line,tie it to...lets say a cheap vase that u could buy for $1 so when your target walks into the fishing line it will tug the vase of a nearby table and cause a crashing noise.
Oh and yes what the guy above me said,make sure they arent armed. XD

06-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Bucket of water above the door.

06-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Website Find
Leu Radu Offline

Threads: 1

Dang! I wish I could be there to help you out physically. I love this kind of stuff! Big Grin

As GraphicsKid said, start slow and intensify it as the night goes on. It's all about creating atmosphere, making it tense, and then giving them a shocker. Depending on how much it's going to take, you can make large pauses between scares (too often will blow your cover, and that's the last thing you want).

A few direct suggestions:
-Think a little about what scares the guys and try to use it. Maybe they're afraid of insects? muhahaha >Smile
-Make your friends tell some horror stories. They shouldn't focus on "fantasy" stories, but something that they can relate to ("my dad once told me a story about a friend of his...","A cousin of mine died in a place like this...", "did you hear that in this neighborhood, ..." stuff like that). I can pm you a few stories if you'd like.
-The noises that you make should also have some kind of natural explanation ("Is it a rat, or a bird, is there something else in the attic?")
-You might move objects around a bit so they seem to be something else in the darkness. Consider the way they enter a room or hall: if there is light shining from a place, try obstructing it with a strangely shaped object. Also, dark corners should have some suggestive objects that would get their imagination going. Try to make as many hidden spots as possible (and empty space behind a piece of furniture, a corner you can't easily reach because of debris), they can also stimulate imagination (and who knows, maybe they can be a good hiding spot for you).
-Mirrors! It would be really cool if they could scare themselves with mirrors.
-Don't set the scene too obvious. If they see, for example, that you made a vase fall with a piece of string, they'll probably know what to expect next. Try something more ingenious (simply placing objects in strange places, on the floor, or on the staircase, might make them stumble upon them). You might as well tell your friend to "accidentally" do something.
-Dismiss anything macabre. Fake blood or body parts will only make them realize the scene is set. Oh course, if you can procure the real stuff... muhahaha >Smile
-You might put something that will tell them somebody has been there not long ago (an empty/half empty bottle, a wrapper, a tin can etc.). Even the idea of having a homeless somewhere hidden in the darkness is scary, isn't it?
-Make sure you do not blow your cover before the final scare. It might take quite a lot of stealth and patience, but I'm sure you can do it.
-You could tell one of them to "play" the explorer, so he could take guys to different part of the house because he is supposedly curious. If he goes alone, he might disappear for a while.

I hope this suggestions will come in handy in some way. Good luck! I'm really curious how this will turn out.
06-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Find
samusaran253 Offline

Threads: 18

Whatever you do, don't just rely on jump scares.

too big in size.
06-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

The plan:
1. Find a piece of paper which looks old or make it look old (yellowish paper). Perhaps you could iron it to make it look older.
2. Make & Print an article from a newspaper, dated 50 years back which is written in an old tone language wise. The article describes a lumberjack comitting 3 gruesome murders with his chainsaw.
3. Leave trails of items which could belong to a lumberjack at that time. These things are then slowly found during the night as people explore the house.
4. When they are adequately psyched up you have locked all of the doors and cut the power.
5. Wait 20 seconds.
6. Start your chainsaw.
7. Panic will most likely occur so be careful that you do not accidentally harm someone Smile

Good luck have fun

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

06-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Find
Roenlond Offline

Threads: 3

(06-06-2011, 07:51 PM)Acies Wrote: The plan:
1. Find a piece of paper which looks old or make it look old (yellowish paper). Perhaps you could iron it to make it look older.
2. Make & Print an article from a newspaper, dated 50 years back which is written in an old tone language wise. The article describes a lumberjack comitting 3 gruesome murders with his chainsaw.
3. Leave trails of items which could belong to a lumberjack at that time. These things are then slowly found during the night as people explore the house.
4. When they are adequately psyched up you have locked all of the doors and cut the power.
5. Wait 20 seconds.
6. Start your chainsaw.
7. Panic will most likely occur so be careful that you do not accidentally harm someone Smile

Good luck have fun

That sounds amazing and it'd probably scare people a lot more than just random events without any real linkage between them.
06-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Find
laser50 Offline

Threads: 22

Oh, Dude. MAKE THEM SEPERATE. if you seperate One, Scare the fuck outta him. the rest will get scared aswell. After a while, you get there Big Grin
06-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Find