Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Frictional Games own little E3 event
Solitary Walker Offline

Threads: 9
Frictional Games own little E3 event

As all gamers should know, the E3 convention is up and running for the next 2 days showing off all the latest games and technology that awaits us gamers for the years to come. As I was watching i got to thinking... E3 is for big gaming companies and little companies cannot afford/are not even allowed i think to show off their future games, so why doesnt Frictional Games release some insight on their next project? Just becasue they cant go to E3 doesnt mean us fans of Amnesia and Penumbra cant have our little party! True be told; im more interested in the next Frictional games title then any of this stupid MW3 crap. What im getting too is, E3 is showing off all these major future games for the years to come so why dont you guys do the same?

P.S. sry if this is in the wrong forum i wasnt sure

Disregard Everything; Acquire Aesthetics
06-07-2011, 02:55 AM
Find
Darkchef Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Frictional Games own little E3 event

(06-07-2011, 02:55 AM)Nonlethal106 Wrote: As all gamers should know, the E3 convention is up and running for the next 2 days showing off all the latest games and technology that awaits us gamers for the years to come. As I was watching i got to thinking... E3 is for big gaming companies and little companies cannot afford/are not even allowed i think to show off their future games, so why doesnt Frictional Games release some insight on their next project? Just becasue they cant go to E3 doesnt mean us fans of Amnesia and Penumbra cant have our little party! True be told; im more interested in the next Frictional games title then any of this stupid MW3 crap. What im getting too is, E3 is showing off all these major future games for the years to come so why dont you guys do the same?

Well you're out of luck, Frictional Games have not released any info on the new game and have only been talking about the development of the engine on the blog so its a long time coming.
06-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Website Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

I think, if they were showing their games on E3, where much people would see it, they would make more public and their games may have more success.
But they have some things, they have to keep secret.
06-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

To show something E3, you have to prepare a mind-blowing demo. With an engine still-being-developed I don't think you can show much.

06-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Website Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13

(06-07-2011, 02:55 AM)Nonlethal106 Wrote: As all gamers should know, the E3 convention is up and running for the next 2 days showing off all the latest games and technology that awaits us gamers for the years to come. As I was watching i got to thinking... E3 is for big gaming companies and little companies cannot afford/are not even allowed i think to show off their future games, so why doesnt Frictional Games release some insight on their next project? Just becasue they cant go to E3 doesnt mean us fans of Amnesia and Penumbra cant have our little party! True be told; im more interested in the next Frictional games title then any of this stupid MW3 crap. What im getting too is, E3 is showing off all these major future games for the years to come so why dont you guys do the same?

Fix "true be told" to "Truth be told"Tongue And I 100% agree that MW3 is a crap.Smile
06-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

They can only start working on a new game when their new engine is completed (HPL3)
So, I don't think we'll get information anytime soon..

06-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

I'm sure they've created a work environment where the writing modelling and other art assets can be worked on while the engine is being improved. Otherwise they should hire me as project manager...
06-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Find
Finska Offline

Threads: 6

I can only agree with this. I mean, I hate the games of big companies. I don't care about new battlefields and call of duties. They're getting so old! Nowadays i play more indiegames than those mainstreamcraps! I'm waiting for FG's new game, The Affecto and Devastation.
06-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Find
Darkchef Offline

Threads: 8

I thought you had to be a pretty big games developer to get to E3? Would have been cool to see some Frictional Games stuff but i'd rather see the game when its ready.
06-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Website Find