Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Krimbo Plays Penumbra!
Krimbo Offline

Threads: 8
Krimbo Plays Penumbra!

Hey guys!

I'm new to Let's Plays but its a little hobby I'm doing all the time now. Anyway, after all the great response from these 'horror' games I picked up Penumbra off steam and I'm doing a playthrough of it.

I'm really enjoying it so far, though I havn't been scared. I'm only a short way in though. (The part where you fix the generator, and climb in that tunnel in the excavation. I just got in the tunnel). I'm guessing I'm barely into the game yet which explains why I havn't been so scared. Playing the amnesia demo even in daylight gives me the heeby-jeebies! Hopefully it'll got more frightening Tongue

Anyway, as I've only got a small audience, and most of them prefer my other Let's Play series in comparison to Penumbra (Maybe they're scared), I thought I'd post it on here in hope to maybe get some more suitable viewers.

I'm hoping on doing an Amnesia let's play once I'm getting more views and I'm looking at a lot of other games you guys might be interested in.

So yeah, here's the links to the videos I've put out so far.
Episode one is quite slow paced if you've played the game so if your not interested in the story, I recommend you check out episode 3, thats where it picks up the pace a bit Cool There's currently 6 episodes. I'll be recording episode 7 shortly.

Thanks guys for any support or advice, let me know if it gets scarier? I sure hope so Sleepy

Let's Play Penumbra - Episode 1;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZs7-BD97kw

Let's Play Penumbra - Episode 2;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRc854yjuT0

Let's Play Penumbra - Episode 3;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGPBtKw43TQ

Let's Play Penumbra - Episode 4;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F7g8rmnfJE
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2011, 12:02 AM by Krimbo.)
06-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: Let's Play Penoombra !?

Penumbra is more scary as Amnesia and atmosphere is much deeper.
If I would talk so much when I play the game, then it would not scare me too.
Penumbra is no fun game, you should play it alone at night and then it is scary.
Stop talking and making videos, play the game for you and let involve your minds into the character. Forget, that it is only a game, you should think of that you are in reality there.

Great LetsPlay's, but you will not be scared by making videos.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011, 10:55 PM by Googolplex.)
06-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Find
Krimbo Offline

Thankyou for the advice Smile
To be honest, you're right I imagine.
However, when I start my Amnesia let's play, commentary or not, I will be PAPPING it Tongue
06-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Amnesia is scary, but the game has less puzzles and there is less stuff to explore compared with Penumbra.
Both are great games but I prefer Penumbra series, because you can find out more difficult and thoughtful physic puzzles. In Amnesia you only go your way and run away from monsters. The game seems a little too empty for me. Penumbra was much more versatile.

I love Penumbra and I bought the game twice as retail.
Never play such a good game before, except Gothic.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011, 11:07 PM by Googolplex.)
06-12-2011, 11:04 PM
Find
Krimbo Offline

Hey guys!
Theres now 8 Penumbra Episodes up on my channel now.
They're getting more entertaining as I go further on, more things annoy me and confuse me Tongue

Feel free to check them out.
I'm trying to expand my audience in the fact that most of them just like my minecraft videos but I don't want to restrict myself to just that game. I've got 4 series running on there at the moment.
So if you've enjoyed what you've seen i'd really appreciate you subscribing.
Thanks Smile

Episode 8 (Latest);
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqyK-8jekAw

My Channel;
http://www.youtube.com/user/krlmb0
06-21-2011, 11:31 PM
Find
Roy595 Offline

Threads: 0

I watched a little bit of your videos, and I did like them! Your voice sounds nice too. Penumbra: Overture is mostly just really creepy, it gets a little scary in the last half though (with a couple REALLY freaky moments, one of which topped Amnesia for me, but I wont spoil anything). You're getting close to being about halfway too, its a rather short game. If you want real scares, you'll have to play the next installment in the series: Black Plague. That game can be even scarier than Amnesia for some people, I know there were parts of it that were. There's also no way to fight back in Black Plague. I hope you'll play that one too! I've enjoyed your Let's Play so far, good work!

Edit: You should read everyone that comes up in the game though. If you don't, you might miss important parts of the story and get confused. Other things are the main character's personal thoughts and reading them helps you sympathize with the character in a way. Its just best if you do, you wont regret it!
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2011, 01:49 AM by Roy595.)
06-22-2011, 01:35 AM
Find
Krimbo Offline

Thanks for the feedback Roy Smile
Well i've been enjoying playing Overture so I'd of most likely have gotten black plauge anywho.
I'm going to do an Amnesia playthrough aswell at some point.

And thanks for the tip about the notes.
I just feel like people wouldn't want to read them.
But I guess it wouldn't take long to read them quickly Smile

Cheers.
06-22-2011, 04:08 AM
Find
Roy595 Offline

Threads: 0

(06-22-2011, 04:08 AM)Krimbo Wrote: Thanks for the feedback Roy Smile
Well i've been enjoying playing Overture so I'd of most likely have gotten black plauge anywho.
I'm going to do an Amnesia playthrough aswell at some point.

And thanks for the tip about the notes.
I just feel like people wouldn't want to read them.
But I guess it wouldn't take long to read them quickly Smile

Cheers.

No problem! I'm glad to hear that, they are really great games. Also, Frictional did cut down on the amount of reading one has to do after Overture. There's a lot less of it in Black Plague and even less in Amnesia, where most major journals are narrated and the story is often told in flashbacks. Viewers can skip ahead in the videos if they dont want to read along as well, so do what you feel most comfortable with, it is your money after all.
06-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Find
Krimbo Offline

Done episode 9 today.
Bloody worm scared the pants off my bum Sad
Was NOT expecting that lmao.

It'll be uploaded tonight, early hours, if you want to check it out.
Was pretty hilarious, not gonna lie Tongue
06-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Find
Krimbo Offline

RE: Krimbo Plays Penumbra!

Episode 9 is now up.

Scared me Sad

Check it out here;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DysoahQnrE

Thanks Smile
06-25-2011, 12:03 AM