Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fresh Meat Help.
Krimbo Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Fresh Meat Help.

Yeah, theres obviously a lot of work behind the scenes but the final outcome is made up in HPL2.
I'm just suprised how much easier that is to make a game compared to what I thought!

To be honest though, it is stressful putting down so many things in right alignment...
Can you imagine making a whole city for Assassins Creed?
Oh god Tongue

I've sponged all this up though.
Cheers for the information about engines.
06-14-2011, 10:20 AM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

You're not making a game. HPL2 level editor allows you to make mods for a game. A game you can do with the engine source code. Or with one of the available engines, such as Source, UE3, Torque, R.A.G.E and so on. For self experience I can tell that it is not doing White Night that prepares you for 1% of what's needed to build a game.
It's the same shit as G.E.C.K for fallout series. You don't actually are using GameBryo. You're using a development kit for the game itself.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2011, 02:16 PM by nemesis567.)
06-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Find
Krimbo Offline

Threads: 8

Not nessasarily mods. From what I've been told, HPL2 is just a more simplistic game engine in comparison to more mainstream games, which it is. Its not just for making mods.

I know theres design, scripting, characters, modelling, audio, cutscenes and all that other good stuff.
But what it boils down to is the world/level. Thats the most important aspect of any game. And it can be created in a program such as HPL2 level editor.

Isn't that correct?
If not then I'm confused Tongue
06-14-2011, 03:18 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

Of course HPL2 is a game engine. But you can't make a game with it because you don't have the source code of it, all you can do are simple mods for the game Amnesia.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
06-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Find