Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Spoiler Who is "my love"?
Minuo Offline

Threads: 1
Who is "my love"?

Iv'e been wondering now for ages...What/who is the "love" that is spoken about in the white-flash-"letters" in Amnesia? I guess its from Alexander..but I still havent get it...

Im so curious! O:

Anyone who have a clue? Maybe I missed something that explains it all...or is it just for the atmosphere or something?

"To draw is like magic, there is no limits from what you can do" - Anna Minuo
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2011, 05:57 PM by Minuo.)
06-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Find
Doctorcheese Offline

Threads: 28
RE: Who is "my love"?

Spoiler below!
I think it's someone in the other world where Alexander is headed, not much of his love is told though. At least from what I recall, I might be wrong.

''Sick, twisted child... You'll burn for this!''
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2011, 07:08 PM by Doctorcheese.)
06-16-2011, 07:08 PM
Find
Modular100 Offline

Threads: 5

As far as I'm concerned, and I'm ears deep in this thing...

Spoiler below!
it's Alexander's beloved one waiting for him (unsure about him/her waiting though...) in his homeworld. It's not exactly sure what the stones are for, and if they allow him to in some way communicate with this other world or if it's more of a diary that he keeps to himself. Since they can be found all over Brennenburg, the latter is probably more true considering how Daniel's journal is scattered over the castle (I never understood how the pages could ever get down into all the prison cells).
Also, the age of these stones is unknown. For all I know they can be centuries old.
I think the LevelEditor mentions the stones as EmotionStones or MemoryStones, I'll have to check it!
Hope this wall of text helped you a little Wink

06-16-2011, 07:37 PM
Find
Minuo Offline

Thank you! Big Grin
I thought it would be something like that, but who knows ;D
Gosh...I really want to know more! O:

06-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Find
Serena Offline

Threads: 2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descent_to_the_underworld

There's so many Orphic cult references in Amnesia its just dripping off my PC.... lol

I suspect our Alexander had a wife who was banished to another world! Or perhaps he was the banished one...
06-17-2011, 01:56 AM
Find
Minuo Offline

dun dun DUN! Big Grin It feels thou its him who is in the wrong place for some reason.

06-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Find
Roy595 Offline

Threads: 0
Big Grin  RE: Who is "my love"?

(06-17-2011, 01:56 AM)Serena Wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descent_to_the_underworld

There's so many Orphic cult references in Amnesia its just dripping off my PC.... lol

I suspect our Alexander had a wife who was banished to another world! Or perhaps he was the banished one...

Alexander was the banished one. He talks about "going home" in the final part of the game. He's also like hundreds of years old, so hes definitely not from this world. The reasons why he was banished however, are never discussed. Makes him something of a sympathetic character, just trying to get back home to his love. Even if he is still a psychopath Tongue
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2011, 11:47 PM by Roy595.)
06-22-2011, 11:47 PM
Find
Mega Derp Man Offline

Are you talking about the main story of amnesia or the Justine DLC? Because I remember when Alois hears something he says: "Is that you, my love?".
03-09-2012, 02:28 AM
Find
she Offline

(03-09-2012, 02:28 AM)Mega Derp Man Wrote: Are you talking about the main story of amnesia or the Justine DLC? Because I remember when Alois hears something he says: "Is that you, my love?".

(06-16-2011, 05:56 PM)Minuo Wrote: Iv'e been wondering now for ages...What/who is the "love" that is spoken about in the white-flash-"letters" in Amnesia?

they're referring to alexander's lover.

[Image: f59ljn.gif]
03-09-2012, 03:36 AM
Website Find
Electra Offline

Threads: 5

I wish we found out why Alexander was exiled from his homeworld in the first place. Obviously he must've done something pretty bad to get banished and imprisoned in a human body. I wonder if it has any connection to his love.

Custom Story Work in Progress: Castle Helmuth
"Who said the glory days had to end?"
04-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Website Find