Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any exploration based maps?
gremstein Offline

Threads: 2
Any exploration based maps?

Hi there. I'm wondering if anyone has any custom stories based purely on exploration and puzzles and stuff like that. Dodging monsters gets old after awhile, but I love exploring in this type of game. Thanks for any reply's. =)
06-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: Any exploration based maps?

(06-23-2011, 10:09 PM)gremstein Wrote: Hi there. I'm wondering if anyone has any custom stories based purely on exploration and puzzles and stuff like that. Dodging monsters gets old after awhile, but I love exploring in this type of game. Thanks for any reply's. =)

Same here "Chasing monsters and hiding too old and using custom stories too often" But check Amnesia normal game maps there are many puzzles that you can copy and script for your custom story.

I have finished in my Custom Story that "3 books to pull to open secret shelf puzzle" Nice and cool. Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
06-23-2011, 11:46 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

I've been feeling the same way. A good monster thrill always finds its place, but when it happens multiple times in a map it gets really annoying, actually.

I just watched Cryaotic play The Sins We Hide, and it seems like there isn't an army of monsters hunting you in it. Give it a shot, I enjoyed watching it.

06-23-2011, 11:49 PM
Find
gremstein Offline

Anybody else have any suggestions for monster free exploration?
06-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Find
WatzUpzPeepz Offline

Threads: 12

I agree aswell but I think that If you were going to make a exploration map it would need to be beautiful and large but with quality aswell and a good story.
If there is no monsters there has to be something else to excite the player eg,good story or map.

06-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Play the total conversion mode made by DamnNoHtml called "through the portal". It's a beatifully made map with incredible level design and almost no monsters. (there is a shadow haunting you from time to time but it's well implemented)
06-25-2011, 09:24 PM
Website Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I'm working on something right now that's based more on exploration and clue-seeking. It's also beautiful. I'm really going all out on the pretty effects.

[Image: signature-2.png]
06-25-2011, 11:54 PM
Find
gremstein Offline

Well please let me know when you finish it. It seems like almost every story I try out goes like this-
-pitch blackness and endless hallways
-find item
-rawr
-find item
-rawr
-walk out of the room you were just in
-rawr
-stop to try to take in the scenery(such as it were) and have fun exploring
-rawr
-rawr

I dunno, maybe I'm being too critical. Amnesia is a horror game after all. I just wish we had a game that controls like Amnesia that wasn't dependent on making you run and hide every 5 minutes.
06-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

Hmm...

An interesting exploration custom story could allow the player to, for example, walk everywhere in their mansion with them having to deal with simple things and then throw some scary things at them, but not too scary. I don't know. :/

06-27-2011, 09:21 PM
Find
Shadowfied Offline

Threads: 34

Me and my friends are gonna have some exploration and optional places to go to in a map we're working on. It will most likely take a LONG time before it's done though but if I remember I'll message you.
06-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Find