Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Hey did you guys (Frictional Games) take inspiration from the X-Files episode "Ice"?
pa22word Offline

Threads: 2
Hey did you guys (Frictional Games) take inspiration from the X-Files episode "Ice"?

*Possible spoilers for both games and TV episode in this topic*

I've just started watching the series (it's on Netflix), and the episode "Ice" in season 1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_%28The_X-Files%29

It's set in an arctic research station where extra-terrestrial Worms (found by drilling into the frozen surface) invade their hosts and drive them into a blind killing spree. Even if you guys have never seen this episode, I thought it was an interesting and cool little episode. The premise immediately reminded me of Black Plague. Even if this X-Files episode itself took a lot of inspiration from "The Thing" lol.

I hope in no way do you guys (Frictional) think I am insulting your integrity! I'm just pointing out a cool little relation between the two!
06-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Hey did you guys (Frictional Games) take inspiration from the X-Files episode "Ice"?

Well, there is resemblance but both Penumbra and X-Files might be inspired by In the Mountains of Madness.

06-27-2011, 02:20 AM
Website Find
TheLittleGarfield Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Hey did you guys (Frictional Games) take inspiration from the X-Files episode "Ice"?

Or The Thing.

Meh...
06-27-2011, 05:39 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Spoiler below!

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
06-27-2011, 09:12 PM
Website Find