Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Performance drops as the game progresses...
Creep Deadson Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Performance drops as the game progresses...

I have been playing a while now with no problems up until about the point in the game where you see the conveyer belts. Since that area(or so) the game has been getting really choppy, even in areas where nothing moves. The first time I encountered the spiders, the game ran like a rocket ship, then (with the settings the same), I encountered the spiders before the room with the lockers and the game was running very slow, especially when fighting. Has anyone else noticed this? My computer is 2.0 ghz amd Sempron, 1gb Ram, Geforce 6200 512mb (buiding a new pc as we speek), but this pc plays quake 4 and doom 3 on maxed out quality just not the highest resolution. What gives???
04-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Find
MercenaryForHire Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Performance drops as the game progresses...

Hey Creep. You're not alone - I'm having the same problem. Does your framerate also take a nosedive during combat?

See my thread here:
http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=937

My PC is about the same spec as yours, but with a beefier video card (6600GT)

What version of the NVIDIA drivers are you using?
04-08-2007, 11:49 PM
Find
Creep Deadson Offline

Threads: 3

My drivers are up to date as far as I just installed th latest like 2 weeks ago, but I will check that out. I also suspect that maybe bittorrent is hogging my ram and cpu a bit. Also, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. runs fine with the drivers as to be of the expected performance of my machine.
04-08-2007, 11:57 PM
Find
MercenaryForHire Offline

Threads: 4

Creep Deadson Wrote:My drivers are up to date as far as I just installed th latest like 2 weeks ago, but I will check that out. I also suspect that maybe bittorrent is hogging my ram and cpu a bit. Also, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. runs fine with the drivers as to be of the expected performance of my machine.

"Fine" is relative for STALKER, that game is intensive. Wink

I'm running 93.71 and I seem to get randomly crappy performance. I think there should be a sticky "Performance results" thread, so I'm going to start one and run with it.
04-09-2007, 02:04 AM
Find