Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A little help please
theone2 Offline

Threads: 3
A little help please

Spoiler below!
what do i need to do to open the lid here:
http://www.swf.co.il/out.php?i=8276_.JPG
04-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
RE: A little help please

Note that it says "gas can"
04-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Find
SirRaven Offline

Threads: 0

It would be clearer if it said "my gas can". The confusion is resulting from clicking on the digger and it saying that. Your brain overrides "can" and makes you think it is talking about the digger's lid.

Perhaps when you first pick it up, phillip could mention "I found the gas can red mentioned but it is rusted shut. I'll need to find a way of opening it before I could use it". So many people are having issues from that one puzzle simply because of the wording and when it appears.
04-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4

Sorry, but what is so bad about the wording?
"gas can" in my opinion is quite specific, since the only gas can in the game is the one you got from the storage room. The thing in which you have to pour the gas would be called "gas tank" or similar.

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
04-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Find
theone2 Offline

Threads: 3

probem solved thanks everyone.
04-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Find
SirRaven Offline

Threads: 0

Thaliur Wrote:Sorry, but what is so bad about the wording?
"gas can" in my opinion is quite specific, since the only gas can in the game is the one you got from the storage room. The thing in which you have to pour the gas would be called "gas tank" or similar.

The problem people have had seems to have been the message appearing only when you click the digger and not the can. Thus, despite it saying "gas can" people are lead to believe it's talking about the digger. It's more a problem of the message timing than it is the wording when I think about it. As I said before, if philip mentioned the rust when the can was first retrieved, I could guarantee noone would have issues with that thinking it is the digger.

It is much like someone told to read aloud the color of this word: blue. Despite it obviously being red, the mind is tricked sometimes into quickly responding blue.

Of course, that could have been the whole intention of the "puzzle".
04-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Well it is apperant that a lot of people have not understood the puzzle, meaning that it is not that good designed. We have taken note of this and will make sure we are even more clear in the future so that this kind of misunderstanding is not repeated.
04-12-2007, 07:28 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

ahh, the rust turned it red. I get it.

I have smarts!

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
04-13-2007, 02:25 AM
Find
Schyzzo
Unregistered

oO

I really dont get why ppl doesn´t understood that?!

It´s clear even to me who always forget that in english can isn´t only a verb! In portuguese: CAN (verb) - poder
CAN (sub) - Lata

It was very obvious when I saw it! Good puzzle! I dont see any reason to change it.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2007, 04:33 AM by okll123.)
04-13-2007, 04:33 AM
banj007 Offline

Threads: 10

took me two tries to solve, first tried hammer on digging machine. Then i tried it on the can. Easy. But the wording could cause problems
04-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Website Find