Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steam Amnesia fails to start, despite working previously.
xkitsuna Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Steam Amnesia fails to start, despite working previously.

I've been playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent for a few days now. Up until a few hours ago, however, it worked perfectly fine.

I was going to play the game for a friend over Livestream, using Procaster. Managed to start up the game to the profile select screen--and then it crashes. I tried it two more times with a few different approaches, but apparently the two programs simply did not like each other. After that, I gave up Livestream and decided to play the game without it. It got to the launcher, I pressed start game, and then the power went out due to a storm that snuck up on us.

Anyway, a few hours later I start my computer back up and attempted to play Amnesia. The usual pop-up that says Steam is preparing to launch the game appears, disappears shortly after, and then... nothing. Absolutely nothing. The launcher doesn't even appear.

I search around for ideas on what could be the matter--the Troubleshoot Guide, mainly, but I didn't understand what I can do from that. I verified the game files over Steam, but... the game still did not want to work.

Any ideas on what the problem may be? Did I miss something? ;_; I really love this game and cannot believe its not working anymore.

Edit: I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2011, 06:22 AM by xkitsuna.)
07-10-2011, 06:20 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Steam Amnesia fails to start, despite working previously.

It seems like a Steam issue, if Launcher doesn't seen at all. Still, posting your hpl.log under Documents/Amnesia/Main would help, after doing a verifying integrity cache via Steam.

07-10-2011, 07:08 AM
Website Find
xkitsuna Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Steam Amnesia fails to start, despite working previously.

Okay. Well, I verified the integrity cache and then checked what your talking about this hpl.log.

There is an hpl text document already in my Documents/Amnesia/Main. So its not that, unless you are referring to a different file?
Okay--nevermind. The game works now. I deleted the "Main" in the Amnesia folder, and... the game actually launched. I'm really not sure why that worked... I guess a file in there was corrupted. Anyhow, I have to restart the game over now, but at least it works. :3

Also, thank-you Tanshaydar for helping.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2011, 07:48 AM by xkitsuna.)
07-10-2011, 07:26 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Glad you managed to solve the problem, enjoy Smile

07-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Website Find