Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Metal thread \m/
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78
RE: Metal thread \m/

Tomorrow is the day when in 2004 Dimebag Darrell passed away.
He was one of the greatest metal guitarists ever, member of a band Pantera, and Damageplan killed on a stage during a Damageplan show by Nathan Gale, former Marine. The terrorist has killed also Jeffrey "Mayhem" Thompson (bodyguard), Erin Halk (club worker), Nathan Bray (fan)
He also injuried three other people, but luckily they survived.

Nine years will pass tomorrow since this nightmare happend.
Just payin' my respects, R.I.P guys.

12-07-2013, 06:26 PM
Find
Zannibal Offline

Threads: 2

(11-18-2013, 04:40 PM)Unearthlybrutal Wrote:
(11-18-2013, 01:33 PM)Zannibal Wrote: At last I got new song written by me. I got quite "not sure if gusta" feeling Big Grin I think the writing is quite good, but the sound and mixing isn't that good. Or maybe I'm just too perfectionist.

Anyway, here is the song;

Nice! \m/
It reminds me of the Amon Amarth's song "Doom Over Dead Man". Smile

I also created a new song:

Tell me what you think about it.

Dude, I totally forgot to answer ;_; I listened it the day you posted it Big Grin It was quite cool. I'm not big fan of that low growls, but the song was short enough to not annoy me tho.

If I was making song like that, I'd probably add some melody or riff with higher notes or something to give a little break from low notes and low growls. But then again, my music is always melodic..

@lazz3r0 cool to know that :o I didn't know it's been only 9 years, I thought it happened in like 80s or 90s. Pantera and Darrell fans have made sure that I'll never listen to them tho. Most annoying people ever, along with extreme Black metal and Slayer fans. "You're not a metalhead if you don't like Pantera/Slayer". Pfft, I say you're not a metalhead if you're childish enough to label yourself as one. Not saying that you're one of these people Big Grin
12-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(12-07-2013, 08:45 PM)Zannibal Wrote:
(11-18-2013, 04:40 PM)Unearthlybrutal Wrote:
(11-18-2013, 01:33 PM)Zannibal Wrote: At last I got new song written by me. I got quite "not sure if gusta" feeling Big Grin I think the writing is quite good, but the sound and mixing isn't that good. Or maybe I'm just too perfectionist.

Anyway, here is the song;

Nice! \m/
It reminds me of the Amon Amarth's song "Doom Over Dead Man". Smile

I also created a new song:

Tell me what you think about it.

Dude, I totally forgot to answer ;_; I listened it the day you posted it Big Grin It was quite cool. I'm not big fan of that low growls, but the song was short enough to not annoy me tho.

If I was making song like that, I'd probably add some melody or riff with higher notes or something to give a little break from low notes and low growls. But then again, my music is always melodic..

@lazz3r0 cool to know that :o I didn't know it's been only 9 years, I thought it happened in like 80s or 90s. Pantera and Darrell fans have made sure that I'll never listen to them tho. Most annoying people ever, along with extreme Black metal and Slayer fans. "You're not a metalhead if you don't like Pantera/Slayer". Pfft, I say you're not a metalhead if you're childish enough to label yourself as one. Not saying that you're one of these people Big Grin

Got what you're saying. Yeah, it's pretty annoying.

EDIT

oh and anyways - question to experts

Should I buy Dean DIME O FLAME? I'm looking for a new guitar, my old Ibanez is in very bad condition... :C
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2013, 09:48 PM by Slanderous.)
12-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 12

(12-07-2013, 08:45 PM)Zannibal Wrote: Dude, I totally forgot to answer ;_; I listened it the day you posted it Big Grin It was quite cool. I'm not big fan of that low growls, but the song was short enough to not annoy me tho.

Thanks for the feedback! Smile

Right now I'm recording a melodic song (the most melodic riffs I've ever created, I'm aiming to do something very emotional/beautiful, some acoustic guitar parts and I'm considering to record high vocals in some of the parts.)

The songs in my latest album are in order:
1. The End Of Eternity (Quite melodic viking death metal)
2. Sabotaging Your Face (Brutal slam death metal)
3. As Soon As I Close My Eyes (Quite melodic viking death metal)
4. Eradication Of The Mankind (Brutal death metal)
5. The new song (no name yet, melodic death metal (maybe viking stuff))

melodic -> brutal -> melodic -> brutal -> etc... Big Grin

When Life No Longer Exists
Full-conversion mod
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013, 10:23 AM by Unearthlybrutal.)
12-09-2013, 10:21 AM
Website Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

Voice actor

Painful shadows

12-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Website Find
Zannibal Offline

Woe to you, oh earth and sea, for I got new song!

Wait, did I use that already? Anyway;

I think it turned out quite well. Solos could've been better, especially the actual tone. I also solved my logo problem Big Grin
12-27-2013, 12:33 AM
Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

(12-07-2013, 09:37 PM)Lazzer Wrote: oh and anyways - question to experts

Should I buy Dean DIME O FLAME? I'm looking for a new guitar, my old Ibanez is in very bad condition... :C

In my opinion, you should buy a guitar that looks nice and then pickups that sound the best to you. Smile

(12-27-2013, 12:33 AM)Zannibal Wrote: Woe to you, oh earth and sea, for I got new song!

I think it turned out quite well. Solos could've been better, especially the actual tone. I also solved my logo problem Big Grin

I like the guitar tone (very good for melodic stuff). Smile
How about the vocals? Have you considered to record vocals or just make songs without them?

Full-conversion mod
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2013, 12:29 PM by Unearthlybrutal.)
12-28-2013, 12:24 PM
Website Find
Zannibal Offline

(12-28-2013, 12:24 PM)Unearthlybrutal Wrote:
(12-27-2013, 12:33 AM)Zannibal Wrote: Woe to you, oh earth and sea, for I got new song!

I think it turned out quite well. Solos could've been better, especially the actual tone. I also solved my logo problem

I like the guitar tone (very good for melodic stuff).
How about the vocals? Have you considered to record vocals or just make songs without them?

Yeah, I got my band's (Sacred Number Four) singer for mid-range growling, Rautaneito's singer for clean vocals, and some random dude from Twitter for death metal vocals Big Grin Also, some Dani Filth sounding guy from Poland told me he can maybe do vocals, but he's been waiting for like 3 months for the song since I started to mess around with mixing.. I'm not sure if he's interested anymore Undecided

This song (Failures Everywhere) was actually meant to be a little practice for guitar mixing and mastering, but it ended up being a complete song without mastering, because the mix was good enough and I got lazy. Now I guess I'll go back to my actual wip song which does have vocals. Here's one minute sneak-peek for it, which I released for my friends and forgot to delete Big Grin

But first, I gotta get a better solo tone. I spent almost whole day trying to get one and.. well, still not good enough.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2013, 12:49 AM by Zannibal.)
12-29-2013, 12:47 AM
Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

Some melodic stuff from me Smile

I tried to create something really emotional and beautiful.
Tell me what you think Smile

PS.
If you don't have stereo speakers you won't hear all vocal- and guitar channels.

Full-conversion mod
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2014, 12:12 PM by Unearthlybrutal.)
01-21-2014, 12:02 PM
Website Find
Zannibal Offline

^Well, my vision of beautiful is slightly different, but it was quite good song. Not very melodic, tho. Or maybe I'm use to too melodic music. Now you just gotta practice mixing and recording to make it sound even better.

I finally learned to make good guitar tone, and learned some other stuff about mixing, so I decided to make this short song to test 'em out. Turned out to be one of the best songs I've written, in my opinion. At least I can finally say I like the solo Big Grin

02-09-2014, 06:39 PM
Find