Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Frightening Ideas...
Sepai Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Frightening Ideas...

The Hotel that was one of the best level of that game
pitty it was a bug ridden game Sad
04-20-2007, 02:49 AM
Find
Willbreaker Offline

Threads: 6

Bug-ridden game? You mean there were no bugs? ;D

/Breaker
04-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Find
Helter-Skelter Offline

Threads: 0

Willbreaker Wrote:Yea, you are right, the enviroment is awesome for creating a spooky feeling.

If you have played Vampire: The Masquerade then you know just that. Especially at the hotel part of the game. That's when I was scared the most and that's when the enviroment was hurting you.

/Breaker

Oh man that was i cool game! i forgot all about that one, i will have to see if i still have it.

I think in the hallway, as it's dark already..... you here the voices behind you and as you turn you see a face Real Close!!!! that would make me S**T myself..

Also a great game... System Shock 2
04-23-2007, 12:12 AM
Find
Rowedekhelicon
Unregistered

Helter-Skelter Wrote:Also a great game... System Shock 2
A better one is Thief 1 or Thief 2. Tongue
04-23-2007, 08:37 AM
Helter-Skelter Offline

Threads: 0

Rowedekhelicon Wrote:

Never played that one, is it scary?

System shock 2 was very good at making you jump.
But it wont run on XP?
04-23-2007, 05:16 PM
Find
Sepai Offline

Threads: 10

Helter-Skelter Wrote:
Rowedekhelicon Wrote:

Never played that one, is it scary?

System shock 2 was very good at making you jump.
But it wont run on XP?

Thief 1 or Thief 2 the hours I playing 1 lvl in that game trying hard not to spoted at all

and as for scary parts there is some parts but it's not the game entire focus
04-24-2007, 02:06 AM
Find
Rowedekhelicon
Unregistered

Thief: The Dark Project (Thief 1) is actually the game System Shock 2's engine was originally designed for. Along with its sequel it remains the most terrifying, immersive game I've ever played. But as Sepai said, horror, though prevalent, isn't quite the focus of the game. In fact the sequel, Thief II: The Metal Age, tones the horror elements way down (even though there's still plenty left to terrify you!).

The real magic of the game comes from trying to remain hidden. You're always on the edge of your seat with sweaty palms. It's a spectacularly thrilling experience. I love to play without saving to raise the stakes.

The game is about freeform improvisation. Everyone has their own style and their own techniques. A mission can be completed in under an hour, but I like to be careful and crafty and thorough so I can take up to four hours. There are so many moments across the games that I'll never forget, and they're easily my favorite games of all time. It's a bit of a trick to get Thief 1 installed on an NT based system and to get the cutscenes playing properly, but I highly recommend you check the games out. I'll be more than happy to help you with the details.
04-24-2007, 10:08 PM
Willbreaker Offline

I agree, Theif 1 is a great game, but I was too young when I played it to both understand it and enjoy it properly, since I was too scared. The undead people really scared me.

/Breaker
04-24-2007, 11:48 PM
Find
Rowedekhelicon
Unregistered

Willbreaker Wrote:I agree, Theif 1 is a great game, but I was too young when I played it to both understand it and enjoy it properly, since I was too scared. The undead people really scared me.

/Breaker
Hehe. Actually I was so terrified, too, that I used the level skip cheat to get past the haunted missions since my nerves just couldn't take it. It was years (even after I'd played Thief 2) before I was able to go back and force myself to face my fears. Glad I did. Smile Part of the reason I love Penumbra is because it's the closest any game has come since then to inspiring that same level of dread.
04-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Willbreaker Offline

I recognize myself in part in you Rowedekhelicon (wow, took ages to spell). I have actually used a game, Doom 3 to be precise, to face my fears. I played on high gamma and had the flashlight mod but I can assure you it was scary all the same. Funny thing is that I didn't play the expansion since I was too scared.

/Breaker
04-25-2007, 10:38 AM
Find