Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Work in progress Where cold Winds blow... - Chapter 1 - (Work resumed, in search of model creator)
Seuchensoldat Offline

Threads: 3
Where cold Winds blow... - Chapter 1 - (Work resumed, in search of model creator)

[Image: Screen_Screenshot_002.jpg]

Where cold Winds blow. . . - Chapter 1 -

A total conversion mod for Amnesia - The dark Descent

http://www.moddb.com/mods/where-cold-winds-blow
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2012, 07:57 PM by Seuchensoldat.)
07-28-2011, 09:10 PM
Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Where cold Winds blow...

Hey, I checked out the screens on moddb and they look great, good luck with the project Big Grin

[Image: 29069he.gif]
07-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Find
Seuchensoldat Offline

RE: Where cold Winds blow... - In need of level layout concepts!

Thank you.

A news post is currently under authorization at moddb. Two new screens of the Wine Cellar have been posted under images. Hope you like them.

In the news I'm talking about some lags created by the world reflection of the water. I always thought I have a computer that can handle Amnesia on high... Do you experience this kind of problems, too? The framerate drops from 60 to 30...

My specs:

Core I7 2600k @3,4 GHz
Gainward GTX 580 3 GB Ram
8,00 GB RAM
Windows 7 64 Bit
07-31-2011, 12:39 PM
Find
Tenno Offline

(07-31-2011, 12:39 PM)Seuchensoldat Wrote: Thank you.

A news post is currently under authorization at moddb. Two new screens of the Wine Cellar have been posted under images. Hope you like them.

In the news I'm talking about some lags created by the world reflection of the water. I always thought I have a computer that can handle Amnesia on high... Do you experience this kind of problems, too? The framerate drops from 60 to 30...

My specs:

Core I7 2600k @3,4 GHz
Gainward GTX 580 3 GB Ram
8,00 GB RAM
Windows 7 64 Bit

Damn, that is one beast system your running there! Big Grin
The only lag I encounter in Amnesia is sometimes if I lift a mattress it's clipped into the ground and my whole game will lag like crazy and then crash. Never had trouble with world reflection of water. I run Amnesia on the highest settings and its very smooth, no problems, except those bloody mattress glitches.

My specs:

Core I5 2500k @ 3.3GHz
GeForce GTX 260 1.8 GB
8 GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64 bit

Hope this helps Tongue

[Image: 29069he.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2011, 07:49 AM by Tenno.)
08-01-2011, 07:47 AM
Find
Seuchensoldat Offline

Hey guys, this project is NOT dead! The last weeks I were at a well known metal festival and work is time consuming but I keep working on it. Smile

Big thanks to palistov who allowed me to use his spotlight script. This allows me to use realistic light in my levels and make them look as twice as good. Because of this I will strongly limit the use of tinderboxes because it will be possible that maybe 90 % of the players will encounter lags as they lit more and more lightsources...

Here you will see two lit lamps in a room to see the effect. As always feedback is welcome! Big Grin

[Image: 180811204036_Screen_Screenshot_031.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2011, 07:35 PM by Seuchensoldat.)
08-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Find
Seuchensoldat Offline

The moddb page will be updated with some news regarding the project. I'm also uploading some new screens of the first area which is nearly finished. Enjoy screenshots of the food storage! Smile
08-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Find
A Luna Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Where cold Winds blow... A total conversion mod

Looks amazing! Can't wait to play it.
08-22-2011, 08:38 PM
Find
Seuchensoldat Offline

RE: Where cold Winds blow... - Chapter 1 - (Work resumed, in search of modeller)

The show must go on! I returned to Amnesia modding and the work on "Where cold Winds blow..." will continue. On the moddb page (http://www.moddb.com/mods/where-cold-winds-blow) I posted a new screen and news article, the story is changed and I am in need of a guy with modelling experience. Big Grin I don't need a hardcore-impossible-to-do-model but I don't have any experience with modelling programs so I hope that someone can help me out. I need some kind of "horn". Of course I will give you credit for your work. An example of a fitting horn would be this: http://www.artenschutz-online.de/artensc...oerner.jpg

Well... how does it come that I returned? It's easy. I'm somehow sick of seeing custom stories released from which the majority consists of flying naked men and jumpscare after jumpscare. Where is the creepy atmosphere, the "feeling"? Of course everyone starts without experience but does everyone has to release his first "great" custom story?
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2012, 11:59 AM by Seuchensoldat.)
04-17-2012, 11:57 AM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
RE: Where cold Winds blow... - Chapter 1 - (Work resumed, in search of model creator)

I applaud your efforts to have a Lovecraft Mod/Area in Amnesia. I look forward to playing it. If I may, not knowing what story you will be telling, can I suggest some Lovecraftian monsters?
08-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

RE: Where cold Winds blow... - Chapter 1 - (Work resumed, in search of model creator)

Hope you had fun at Wacken ^^ (I heard it was pretty wet there) I wish I could have been there this year, but alas, I had to work... Well, next year!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this. It looks great already and there simply aren't enough Lovecraftian games out there. I'd love to help out with your horn and a Lovecraftian monster would certainly be a nice addition to my Portfolio (and very fun to do, too!), but I'm currently working day and night on my final exams Sad
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2012, 12:42 AM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
08-20-2012, 12:40 AM
Find